Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

[img]

/\ That looks like a cartoon set doesn't doesn't it?

But apparently [url='s Scotland[/url].

[b]Winter's heaviest snow heading in[/b]

Weather forecasters are predicting the heaviest snowfalls of the winter so far over most parts of Britain overnight.

The snow, which is expected to fall for several hours, could be 15cm deep in hilly areas of Wales and the Midlands, and 2cm to 5cm deep in the south-east.

The BBC Weather Centre says snow will begin falling at about midnight or in the early hours of the morning in Wales and south-west England and then move north-eastwards.

If the weather is severe, don't travel unless your journey is essential
Highways Agency spokesman

People who must travel are advised to take warm clothes, food, water, a torch and a spade in case of a breakdown.

Last month a snowfall of less than an inch caused widespread travel chaos.

Quote:
[size=18]Snow joke[/size]

I always look forward to the first snow story of the winter. It gives an interesting insight into the way the London-centric media works. Lots of news providers made the impending Arctic conditions their main story this morning, using headlines like our own: "Britons braced for heaviest snow in years"

This will no doubt have caused some consternation in the north, where a couple of feet of snow is not uncommon, even in these days of climate change. "Blimey," we thought in Yorkshire, "Better stock up the larder then."

But a closer read reveals the truth. What we are actually talking about is the prospect of "some of the heaviest snow in the last couple of years in the London area", which is apparently "predicted for rush hour and going to cause some significant disruption". So that'll be an inch or two of snow on the M25...

Now call me a cynical northerner, but that story wouldn't have even made the "And finally..." slot if it was about the Pennines or the Scottish Highlands. Surely it's not because there's a danger that London news editors might not get home in time for tea? Or dinner, as you lot call it.

[url= News Blog[/url]

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

With that Orange News Blogthingie, do you think i should sue?

I am certain I was first...

/Admin. Having bright idea's since whenever.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
With that Orange News Blogthingie, do you think i should sue?

I am certain I was first...

/Admin. Having bright idea's since whenever.

You mean you were the first person to come up with a news blog?

I came out with it befoer there was this thing called the interweb!

No, i just did it before them. But they got a better implementation. Way better. Actual post and all.

yes beautiful scotland nice picture Smile

typical brits complaining about the weather as always. We've only got a few inches of snow yet ppl are skipping work and primary schools are being closed for the day. Is there a snow storm coming our way loooooool. This is the UK not Norway we have nowt to complain about!

My neighbour bless him hes lovely but i just saw him shovelling snow off his walkway thing is over here it's max 2 or 3 inches no need for a shovel use a tablespoon looool.

Brits need to loosen up a bit quit moaning, quit being lazy get ur behinds into work, and those headteachers closing schools saying teachers can't get in shame on u, u deserve detention for skipping school Lol Lol Lol

I wish my son was old enuff id have a snowball fight with him i can't exactly batter my old mother in law loooool

In case u hadn't noticed i loooove the snow Biggrin

It hardly snowed here... the temperature dropped and its a lil chilli but we've only had a small trikkle of snow... nothing major..... yet!!! lol... its just hype.

Back in BLACK

It was such a beautiful day …we had some really thick snow down our end.

I woke up and struggled to clean my car, only to be informed that I can’t take my car to Uni…I spent ages looking for gloves that matched and couldn’t find any…. I also didn’t have any appropriate shoes to wear so I ended up wearing one of my sister’s boots…which happened to have heels on them so I slipped all the way to the bus stop.

On the bus stop I was caught in the middle of a silly school boy’s snow fight….I watched all local primary school and high school children return from school after being informed that school was closed (why?).

Buses and trains were delayed for hours…nearly everyone arrived at Uni late.

The snow is really beautiful to watch (before it turns to slush) but I don’t think our country knows how to deal with it.

hey yash, who's complaining?! Wink

i LUV the snow, can't get enuf of it! Biggrin

when i woke up there was only a thin layer on the ground but it carried on snowing all morning so thankfully by the afternoon there was a lovely thick layer! i met up with some friends at our local park and we had a huge snowfight, like little kids, it was so much fun! lol. Smile there were families there making snowmen, our park is hilly so they were starting at the top and rolling a ball of snow, by the time they got to the bottom it was humongous. some people had sledges too, i was so jealous lol. Wink

i think its good kids got let off school today (tho not in my city) - how can children be expected to concentrate when all they're thinking about is the snow?! Wink its not like we get snow that often here so kids should have the day off to enjoy it while it lasts. Dirol

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"*DUST*" wrote:
hey yash, who's complaining?! Wink

i LUV the snow, can't get enuf of it! Biggrin

makes three of us . Biggrin i too adore the snow i find it cosy lol

the only down fall for me was that as it was snowing my skool usually shuts for teh day. As it's up on high land snow their usually pretty deep but no luck as skool turned out to be opened.

A rose protects its beauty with thorns..a woman protects hers with a veil

nice pic!! i don't suppose you took one of that church on its own? must have looked fairytale-like. Smile

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

is that brum...if so it looks a lot cleaner in the snow, thank God for snow ey Wink

my feet turned blue today Cray 2

even tho i was wearing thick socks and long boots

[color=indigo][b]Theres hardly no snow here, well apart from some of the side roads Sad [/b][/color]

u sure u didn't meander into the antarctic regions lilsis? Feet only turn blue when it's absolutely freezing we don't get weather like that here. it can't been that bad...u sure the colour didn't come off your socks Wink

the snow was four inches thick

it seeped through my boots AND thru my socks - thats why they went all numb

i shud have worn leather boots

my mate frm uni had the same prob and she went home early cos of that

u poor thing, nevermind ur home safe sound and warm, wear ur leathers 2morro.

/looks out of window

Nothing to see. Move along.

Grrrr!

"Admin" wrote:
/looks out of window

Nothing to see. Move along.

Grrrr!

who is this pitiful old person that's wandered into our forum?? Blum 3

Where?

:shock:

You must have had a bit of snow this afternoon?

But your article was right, it's all about London.

[size=10]The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.[/size]
[size=9]Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)[/size]

That was just a tease!

I want some proper snow.

Or I will throw strop!

I want my dummy back.

lol i dont see why everyone is makin a big deal about the snow!!! its only snow!!!!!

To be beautiful is to expect nothing in return.

"Snoopz" wrote:
i dont see why everyone is makin a big deal about the snow!!! its only snow!!!!!

Yeah, you don't see snow every day.....or even once a year.

I must say it was nice to drive in the snow Dirol

we are getting a bit more snow here then we did yesterday but only a tiny bit not big snow flakes!! it is a shame!! and it all seams to be melting away!! Cray 2

Who is the cat of the Forum? MEZ!
Your damn right!

I love the snow. I woke up really excited yesterday, I think it looks beautiful and think it's a real shame that our kids will probably never experience it. The little snow we got was quite pathetic. We had none today at all and almost all of yesterdays has melted.

"MuslimBro" wrote:
I must say it was nice to drive in the snow Dirol

I think it's scary. I got a taxi to work yesterday. Last year my car skidded and I don't think I'll ever be brave enough to drive in the snow again. I was really careful, going really slow and stuff, but it happened at a junction on a raised bit. I could see it glistening so was really careful, I turned left, but ended up facing right and only just missed the lampost. The thought of driving in the snow absolutely petrifies me. What scares me is knowing how careful I was, yet still how easy it was to skid. The taxi I got yesteday skidded at the same bit, but not as bad and he was able to control it.

[color=indigo][b]We've got snow!! Biggrin [/b][/color]

Oddly enough we haven't had any in glasgow, not that i'm complaining its cold enough.

Terrible weather today.

Finished work at 4 got home after 8!

We had snow in the afternoon and no gritters. The bus took one hour to get out of town. So I went back into town, caught up with a friend, bought new shoes and walked home.

Anyway here's another pic of [url= Birmingham...[/url]

Pages