Abdul Rahman the Iraqi

A dear friend of mine, an intelligent man, an exile of Babylon call Abdul Rahman.

Our Conversation 6 months after the illegal war in Iraq.

mmm: Abdul, what do you make of Iraq now? Will you go back now that Saddam is gone?
Abdul: Yes, I saw my relatives when I was very young and then we had to flee Iraq because of Saddam.

(I don't know why his father had to flee with his family)

mmm: Your relatives, do you speak with them?
Abdul: Yes.
mmm: Are they now happier Saddam is out of power?
Abdul: They would rather Saddam rule, than the Americans.

Deep rooted divisions are now be exposed. Kurds, Shias, Sunnis: so much so the Sunnis are divided into Wahabi and Brelvi.

United we stand or divided we fall.

Back to Saddam. Today we don't have Goldsmith Heroes, we don't Salah-Uddin RA. People like Saddam are not desired but in some way required for today’s world. Many years ago I distinctly remember my Uncle once saying 'If it was not for Islam we would be the worst of people'. This goes for many nations.

Saddam killed many of our brothers, the Shia and Kurds. Bush/Blair have murdered 600,000+ whether directly or a as a consequence of the invasion. 600,000+ of a population of 23 Million.

Leaders reflect their subjects. From bad people come bad leaders. We need to become better Muslims for good leaders to be born from us.