EID........WHEN YOU CELEBRATING?

Each year I get people saying that they follow saudia arabia....and some even saying they follow morrocco?

Who should we follow?

Shouldn't we be following the nearest islamic country?
I just follow the local mosque! But I would love to know who people follow and WHY?

just follow saudi Dirol

[color=red]"The best of people are those who live longest and excel in their deeds, whereas the worst of people are those who live longest and corrupt their deeds." [Tirmidhî, Sahîh] [/color]

I do already!!! but alot of people say that the moon sighted in saudi does not mean that it is sighted here in the uk!

live and let live!!!!!!!

I am gonna do it when my mosque does.

Or failing that, maybe saturday. Just to be different.

(just kidding. I am gonna do it when my mosque does. No idea when that is yet.)

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

[b][color=indigo]Same here, going to celebrate Eid when my local mosque announces it Insha'allah.[/color][/b]

Deciding when eid actually is dependant on sighting the moon. When it is seen we shall have eid... i do not think one should blindly follow what other countries do... for all we know they may get it wrong.

Back in BLACK

i think we should follow the system in north america. over there representatives from each mosque/vicinity gather together to site the moon, and make a collective decision. Then ramadan/Eid is celebrated all over America on the same day, no arguments between different groups. This is the sort of unity we need, insha'Allah it happens some day.

Salam

Eid is on 25 October 2006.

We will be hitting Wilmslow Road after sunset.

Guys from Glasgow and Birmingham are arriving around 9 pm.

Party will go on till 2 am.

All God willing.

Omrow

"Omrow" wrote:
Salam

Guys from Glasgow and Birmingham are arriving around 9 pm.

Party will go on till 2 am.

All God willing.

Omrow

on 25? no way!! i thought it was before that!!!

live and let live!!!!!!!

We can change the date of the party if you wish?

"Omrow" wrote:
We can change the date of the party if you wish?

wot party?????

live and let live!!!!!!!

"Omrow" wrote:
Salam

Guys from Glasgow

What guys from Glasgow ? Names please, where they stay etc (would be interesting to know who omro's frends are from my town) People in glasgow actualy know YOU :shock:

25th? Im hearing Monday 23 or Tues 24. I hope its monday... get it out of the way;done and dusted.

Back in BLACK

"Seraphim" wrote:
get it out of the way;done and dusted.

[b][color=indigo]
Arn't you looking forward to Eid or something??

It's a time of celebration!

I love eid, i wish the day never finishes.[/color][/b]

"Noor...*" wrote:
"Seraphim" wrote:
get it out of the way;done and dusted.

[b][color=indigo]
Arn't you looking forward to Eid or something??

It's a time of celebration!

I love eid, i wish the day never finishes.[/color][/b]

Eid has become something for the kids... the rest of us grownups have things to do.

Back in BLACK

[color=magenta]thats quite sad that you wont be enjoying eid im deffo gna make the most of before i become an oldie,[/color]

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

[b][color=indigo]Eid has become for kids?

Since when?[/color][/b]

[color=magenta]]it hasnt im no kid n i love each n every one of my eid[/color]

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

"Seraphim" wrote:
25th? Im hearing Monday 23 or Tues 24. I hope its monday... get it out of the way;done and dusted.

Aw don't say that! It's a celabration for everyone.young and old. and even the very very old!!

I'm looking more forward to it than my kids! hehe! And they are well excited!

live and let live!!!!!!!

I LOVE EID Biggrin

Who says it's for kids? I stil get money, i'm happy....nah but on a serious note, it means quality time with family....I just wish I am off work on that day inshallah.

"saima786" wrote:
"Seraphim" wrote:

Aw don't say that! It's a celabration for everyone.young and old. and even the very very old!!

Grown old and tired I have become.

Eid will be celebrated as it should be: with friends and loved ones for who knows how long we have left.

Back in BLACK

"Seraphim" wrote:
"saima786" wrote:
"Seraphim" wrote:

Grown old and tired I have become.

Eid will be celebrated as it should be: with friends and loved ones for who knows how long we have left.

Thats the spirit!

live and let live!!!!!!!

"TEX" wrote:
just follow saudi Dirol

Why do some people follow Saudi, Pakistan, Morroco?

I thought eids supposed to be when the moon has been sighted (in ones own land of residence).

Back in BLACK

Maybe coz they have a majority Muslim population which I think is very stupid as we should decide on the basis of moon-sightin in OUR country not of our fellow muslims as much as we may love them :roll:

Seriously this issue needs adressing ASAP, it really is annoying.

"Angel" wrote:
Maybe coz they have a majority Muslim population which I think is very stupid as we should decide on the basis of moon-sightin in OUR country not of our fellow muslims as much as we may love them :roll:

I asked one of my collegues this and i got the reply: that its tradition. That back in the day people didnt hav telescopes and therefore went with what saudi said (i was under the impression you didnt need a telescope to see the moon :roll: maybe i just have super-vision! Biggrin ).

Back in BLACK

"Seraphim" wrote:
"Angel" wrote:

I asked one of my collegues this and i got the reply: that its tradition. That back in the day people didnt hav telescopes and therefore went with what saudi said (i was under the impression you didnt need a telescope to see the moon :roll: maybe i just have super-vision! Biggrin ).

But why didn't people follow the nearest islamic country? I think thats morrocco? And also Iv'e heard that there are apparantly more chances of seeing the moon from there!! I hope I'm not talking rubbish!!

live and let live!!!!!!!

[color=indigo][b]Your meant to do it according to when you see the moon in YOUR country in this case uk. If people are going to follow saudi why dont they pray according to their times then and open their fast with them aswell? [/b][/color]

"Noor...*" wrote:
[color=indigo][b]Your meant to do it according to when you see the moon in YOUR country in this case uk. If people are going to follow saudi why dont they pray according to their times then and open their fast with them aswell? [/b][/color]

I wish more people understood this?

But noor why aren't people sighting the moon here? Is it coz of the weather?

live and let live!!!!!!!

"saima786" wrote:
"Noor...*" wrote:

Who said we are not sighting the moon here?

There are observatories up and down the country. We do sometimes however had too much cloud coverage to view it, but thats not as common as you'd think.

Back in BLACK

"Seraphim" wrote:
"saima786" wrote:
"Noor...*" wrote:

Who said we are not sighting the moon here?

There are observatories up and down the country. We do sometimes however had too much cloud coverage to view it, but thats not as common as you'd think.

Well I have never heard anyone say they follow uk!! It's always saudi or morrocco!! I wish would get sorted out!

live and let live!!!!!!!

Pages