5th anniversary of 9/11

salaam

so tomorrow is the 5th anniversary of 9/11... how do ppl feel about this?
is it significant or just another day?
does it bring back memories or are you sick of the hoo haa on every anniversary?
will you be taking part in the one minute silence?
do you ever question why there is no one minute silence for victims of iraq, chechnya, bosnia, afghanistan, palestine, lebanon etc ?
does 9/11 anniversaries bring new islamophobic attacks?
are these anniversaries an opportuhnity for ladin and bush to spread more fear, hatred and propoganda?

pls share your views

wasalaam

[color=magenta]Wa-alaykum salaam

i dread this day cuz im scared to go out of the house cuz of islamophobic attcks but you have to live ur life,wht our school does now is cuz its a majority muslim school they hold a minute silence for the victims of all wars on 9/11 n 7/7, it brings back loads of memories and the direct aftermath of it i was in my PE lesson when i found out[/color]

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

Walykum Salaam,

Everyday seems like an anniversary for 9/11 cz its always in the Media, the news, newspapers, chat shows etc etc, theres always something about 9/11. They cant leave it in the past, yeah and i am kindoff sick of the whole thing now, its getting fairly boring. Cz thats all you here.

More important things are being forgttn, Tsunami, earthquakes, the poverty etc etc. No1 seems to think thats an issue anymore.! All the suffering in iraq, iran, pakistan, palstin, the list is endless! But thats just brushed under the carpet!

The minute silence and the day does more harm than good. Its just going to provoke more violence and hatred for the Muslims.

excatly, good points made above. when are all the other Tragedies
rememebred tehy also are just or if not more important then 9/11 dont they deserve to be rememebred they hve also lost their life and if not in a more horrifying way.

know especailly all teh countries whether they are non muslims are muslims they deserve to have a 2 minutes slience daliy for all teh hundreds of inocent people killed theri almost daily.

islamophobic attacks yes they are most defeintly caused more by days especaily such as 9/11

days like 9/11 wen in my view so call muslims claiming to be belivers in teh Almighty blew up inocent people are look upon as ordinarymuslims its theses peopel that give islam muslims a bad name . were meant to be inviting people to teh good name not teh opposit all we are , are peacful people trying to live peacfully nothing more nothing else.

sorry if i gone off teh subject a little i gt carry away. .

A rose protects its beauty with thorns..a woman protects hers with a veil

9/11 was a catastrophe.

Not only were thousands of innocents murdered on the day, but thousands more innocents were murdered in the name of those murderred on that day.

It gave war mongers an excuse to monger war.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
9/11 was a catastrophe.

Not only were thousands of innocents murdered on the day, but thousands more innocents were murdered in the name of those murderred on that day.

It gave war mongers an excuse to monger war.

subhannallah that is so so true.

I just hope we dont have a two minute silence at college. Seriously. To respect this silence would be to disrespect the millions of others dieing in the world. If we have the silence in the name of those who died on that day...what..how will it help anyone? If we have it for contemplation on how the world changed and continues to change so fast, then aright i can accept that. But i doubt that happening. These western dominating countries are so up themselves sometimes and then they dont see such things happening. Subhannallah. Trecherous times are upon us all.

And subhannallah what yall said above is so true too. Personally the word tsunami causes me more pain inside than the numbers 9/11 do. Or the name Osama Bin Laden does. If we had a 2 minute silence for the kids and the parents and the families who were lost on that day, i would readily agree. May Allah grant all those caught up in natural disasters forgiveness and mercy and the ability to rebuild their lives based on the straight path Ameen.

And if 9/11 was such a disaster that struck America suddenly what about the Hurricane Katrina and New Orleans? Didnt masses die there..wernt loads of people mistreated there? Wasnt that a sad time in the history of America? Wasnt that a catastrophy? Oh what? Its not coz it wasnt inflicted by an outside force rather you own govt? Exactly.

May Allah grant us all the ability to realise we are living in a time of mass opression, not only by outside forces but by our own governments too and grant us sabr, and unity and the intellegence to make positive change. Ameen.

[ my rant is over for today ]

< You turn to Him with divine obedience
He turns to you with Divine Love >

The grief about New Orleans is as equal to or greater than 9/11. But 9/11 was an attack, just like Pearl Harbor or Fort Sumter. The response is different though. A natural disaster means cleaning up and preventing it from happening again, an attack requires war, it is unavoidable, and war generates more grief and injury. So 9/11 serves as a day of national memorial and a continued reminder of why we fight.

You're not americans though, its not appropriate to assume you would understand. I suspect for most muslims 9/11 is the big cringe, where you hope people dont get too agitated, hope they dont attack muslims, and hope that the bill at the end of the day is too high. Then sigh with relief when the 12th rolls around

Surely an attack by a non-state entity such al-Qaeda demands a criminal investigation and due process of law, not an allout war against an undefined and changing enemy?

Unnless you're being ironic...

"Beast" wrote:
Surely an attack by a non-state entity such al-Qaeda demands a criminal investigation and due process of law, not an allout war against an undefined and changing enemy?

Unnless you're being ironic...

A crime is when an American decides to steal from or kill another American. They are gauranteed a criminal investigation and due process of law by the Constitution, because they are citizens of the United States and subject to it.

A foreign entity attacked the United States, that requires war with that entity.

The investigation into 9/11 was concluded with the 9/11 commission solely for the purpose of aiding Congress in defining exactly who this enemy is, war was already a matter of fact. There can be no trials, juries, "due process" for enemies of the United States, in war you either act or you are acted upon.

We did not want this, just like we didnt want world war two or 1812 but when you are attacked like that you have to accept the changed reality you live in and act accordingly or you can be destroyed in indecision.

No, i'm not being ironic.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the 9/11 commission found that US interference in Middle East was a factor leading to radicalisation amonmg Muslims and ultimately 9/11.

Surely, the answer is less US involvement in the Middle East not more. Or at least a non-exploitative approach to its dealings with the Middle East.

"Beast" wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong but the 9/11 commission found that US interference in Middle East was a factor leading to radicalisation amonmg Muslims and ultimately 9/11.

Surely, the answer is less US involvement in the Middle East not more. Or at least a non-exploitative approach to its dealings with the Middle East.

The 9/11 commission focused on shared intelligence, airport security and financial and political support for terrorism abroad. Enumerating why the enemy hates us wasnt a recommendation to stand down.

"Odysseus" wrote:

You're not americans though, its not appropriate to assume you would understand.

No...we just had 7/7. Not important really.

No offence...the UK doesnt push 7/7 on any country around the rest of the world. But lo and behold an attack on America is an attack on the world. We cxannot understand, i agree..but then why are we being tormented about 9/11 too? Why is Briton aiding America in its struggle against the people they thought did the attack? why are we non americans continually being pestered about it??!!

And an attack on your country doesnt necissarily require war. Only in a scandalous world like today does it mean war.

< You turn to Him with divine obedience
He turns to you with Divine Love >

"Odysseus" wrote:
"Beast" wrote:

The 9/11 commission focused on shared intelligence, airport security and financial and political support for terrorism abroad. Enumerating why the enemy hates us wasnt a recommendation to stand down.

Can't the US see that by attacking Muslim countries it is creating more terrorists not less?

"cricketgal" wrote:
No...we just had 7/7. Not important really.

No offence...the UK doesnt push 7/7 on any country around the rest of the world. But lo and behold an attack on America is an attack on the world.

No offense 7/7 isn't 9/11. Different numbers, different places, different people.

However Britain wants to deal with its attacks is up to Britain and the British - I don't think i've ever presumed the arrogance to lecture Brits on my 7/7 conspiracy theories or frank appraisals of how they've dealt with it. If Britain wants to respond militarily the United States is there, the NATO treaty promises that. Beyond that it's British.

9/11 is American, we were attacked - not you, none of you.

"cricketgal" wrote:
And an attack on your country doesnt necissarily require war. Only in a scandalous world like today does it mean war.

Of course it means war, its always war... when you are attacked you are already AT war.

"Beast" wrote:
Can't the US see that by attacking Muslim countries it is creating more terrorists not less?

Can't the Muslim countries see that by harboring terrorists and not giving them to us when they threaten our people they are creating more reason for us to attack them, not less?

"Odysseus" wrote:
"Beast" wrote:

Can't the Muslim countries see that by harboring terrorists and not giving them to us when they threaten our people they are creating more reason for us to attack them, not less?

Who's refusing to give people up?

"Beast" wrote:
"Odysseus" wrote:
"Beast" wrote:

Sudan, Iran, Syria, notoriously and now historically Afghanistan.

From the standpoint of terrorism Sudan is probably the largest threat to US security.

"Odysseus" wrote:
"Beast" wrote:

Sudan, Iran, Syria, notoriously and now historically Afghanistan.

From the standpoint of terrorism Sudan is probably the largest threat to US security.

Are any of the Sudanesse, Iranians, and Syrians Al Qaeda?

Didn't the Taleban agree to give bin Laden to a neutral country?

"Beast" wrote:
Are any of the Sudanesse, Iranians, and Syrians Al Qaeda?

Didn't the Taleban agree to give bin Laden to a neutral country?

Most of Al Qaeda's camps are in Sudan, perhaps I don't understand the question. We don't really care if your people are joining them - it's not like we attacked Saudi Arabia or Egypt because of the 9/11 hijackers nationalities. Its the countries that support and protect them that we need cooperation from or otherwise to step aside while we solve the problem.

Sudan, Syria, Iran etc are such countries. If they simply act rationally and stop handing guns, land and money to the people attacking us we'll all get along just great.

The Taliban threw out a number of ridiculous "offers," handing him to a neutral country after demonstrating to them that bin laden was responsible - like this was some kind of crime and not a war - was one such offer, that was rescinded in favor of "we cant give you a muslim but we will try him in a shariah court" and then "we dont know where he is."

We're talking about a regime that was physically funding the organization which attacked us. The leader actually had bin laden married into the family, what you're suggesting is like trusting Austria to give us Hitler - it's irrational and absurd.

Salam

Although I don't like the Bush administration, I stand with the American people.

They suffered a terrible tragedy from the so called muslims.

They were attacked by Wahhabis on September 11.

These killers used the honourable name of my religion to commit mass murder.

I hope that all who were involved are brought to justice.

Omrow

No need to play the blame game Omrow.

We cheapen the catastrophe's by doing so.

ALot of people lost their lives. I do not want to spit on their graves by having insidious discussions.

Just remember that many many people lost their lives either on 9/11 or because of 9/11.

And even more people lost loved ones for the same reason.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Odysseus" wrote:
I don't think i've ever presumed the arrogance to lecture Brits on [b]my[/b] 7/7 conspiracy theories.

LOL and i wud love to hear this!!

u claim to be open minded but u aint

The traety of versille was the DIRECT cause for the rise of hitler

america, Britain and israel, ESPEACILLY ISRAEL are the DIRECT cause of the rise of muslim terrorists SO DON'T YOU DARE POINT YOUR FINGER AT MUSLIMS.

Notice the striking paralel between nazi germany and the zionist state? :shock: :evil: Cray 2

IF 9/11 was done by muslims([url= only an idiot would believe binladin admitted to it[/url])..... erm now how can i put it.... oh well i'll think i'll just use yvonne ridleys words.... "your foreign policies came back to bite u on ur bum".... to put it harshly.... ouch :x

[color=red]"The best of people are those who live longest and excel in their deeds, whereas the worst of people are those who live longest and corrupt their deeds." [Tirmidhî, Sahîh] [/color]

George Galloway - he's a scottish politician/part time cat.

"Odysseus" wrote:
George Galloway - he's a scottish politician/part time cat.

lol

I kno hu George Galloway is! I meant the other person huz getting on ur nerves!

"*_Noor_*" wrote:
:?

Nevermind...

You do not know him anyway. No need to worry.

Pages