what was the first islamic books/books you read?

[color=magenta]As'salaamu alaykum

yesterday i was reading a hadith on the woman who went to hell cuz she treated her cat badly, this made me remember some of the story books i used to read when i was younger.

I loved those stories it is amazing how much you remember about wht you did when you wre young.so i decided to read them again

My very first islamic books are:

[b]Stories Good and true- MAtina Wali Muhammad

A great friend of children-islamic foundation

Love your brother, love your neighbour-islamic foundation

love all creatures-islamic foundation

Islam beliefs and teachings-Ghulam Sarwar

Islam for children-von denffer[/b]

so wht are yours???[/color]

My first Islamic books were Urdu Islamyats.

But my first English one was "Islam Beliefs and Teachings" by Ghulam Sarwar.

[color=magenta]another one:

[b]Allah knows everything[/b][/color]

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

The 1st book I read, which made me fall in love with traditional Islam was Ayyuhal Walad, aka "Dear beloved Son" by Imam Ghazali. Not the 1st islamic book i read by no means, but definatly the 1st which had a hugh impact.

_____________- -SupeRazor- -_______________

Some ppl make their goals the stars.
They may live n die n never reach the stars,
but in the darkness of the night, those stars will guide them to their destination.
Becuz they made them in their eyesight

The first Islamic book that I read cover to cover was the “Broken Chain by Aftab Malik”. That book opened my eyes and pretty much shut me up…

It made me a LOT more open to differences of opinion and a lot less quick to condemn others and other way of doing stuff.

It basically taught me that I know nothing, and that I need to realise that.

Assalamualaykum,

The first islamic book I read was The Journey of the Self by Shaykh Fadhlalla Haeri. This was the first book as well as a few other things that helped me to embrace Islam.

I remember the exact time I was reading it. I was 35 floors up in a posh apartment in Hong Kong, working like an idiot, without my family and loved ones thinking to my self does life actually revolve around making money and being unhappy due to it.

Now 3yrs on and I am so much looking forward to Ramadan I just cant wait! Smile

[img]http//i15.photobucket.com/albums/a351/fanafilllah/sig6.jpg[/img]

"MuslimSister" wrote:
The first Islamic book that I read cover to cover was the “Broken Chain by Aftab Malik”. That book opened my eyes and pretty much shut me up…

It made me a LOT more open to differences of opinion and a lot less quick to condemn others and other way of doing stuff.

I would love to read that.

Apparently it's out of print.

Will have to take a trip down Coventry Road when I have some money...

"Beast" wrote:
"MuslimSister" wrote:

I would love to read that.

Apparently it's out of print.

Will have to take a trip down Coventry Road when I have some money...

I havent see that book in Coventry Rd...I visit all the bookshops in Conventry Rd whenever I'm in B'ham every few months.

However, I have see the book here in London....it might be worth checking out the bookshops here if your ever down.

Its MUST have for any young Muslim, intrested in Islam.