BRADFORD RIOTS

SALAAM

anyone watch this today on channel 4?

very realistic, hard hitting and touching drama....

your comments pls...

ws

Its was gritty, realistic, and showed trhe other side.

Not the police side, but of those who were involved.

The way people were sent down for it was pretty maddening (In real life... not in the drama... you expected it there as it was based on reality...).

Aah well, the system always screws the person at the bottom.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

i thought it was so sad. i really hated that ackey guy though and the way he said "insha-allah" when he was talking about running away to pakistan. i just thought it was so ironic, that none of them were thinking of Allah when they were dealing drugs, nicking cars etc but still spoke of Allah as if Allah was pleased with them or something. they were just thugs that talk out of their ass, but i suppose once u get into a gang like that, u just dig yourself deeper into a hole.
It was so awful, and what made me really upset is that people like kareem do have family that love them and want the best for them, for example his dad was making so many sacrifices and trying to do so much so that he could go to uni and become respectable. That’s every parents dream and they must find it so hard when they’re kids turn their back on them.

But the police were awful, they are racist, their hatred is concealed inside of them. Did u see when the police just let that guy get beat up and how he stopped kareem from stopping the fight… just awful
It made me cry, I got so emotional over it last night.

smile and be happy!!!

Salaam

It was a compelling, hard hitting, powerful piece of drama.

The bit at the end when the guy lost it in the cell made me upset too....I can't stand unjustice, and for some reason this drama made me think about all the other Muslims all over the world that are being treated unfairly.

I'm so glad channel four showed the other side...have they ever showed a documentary on Muslims being treated unfairly before?

But yeh, strong stuff. It's so sad when you cant work fairly through the system.

Wasalaam

Errr hellooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

These peoiple were [u][b]rioting[/b][/u]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bradfords alread got a history of youths rioting and really messing ewverythign up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The system had to come down hard on them or itd happen again and again and again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Anywone watching that docu would think twice before rioting again and thats what the docu was saying. dont riot or there'll be trouble for you and your family!

sheesh!!!! why do you feel sorry for em????????????????????????

yeah what happened to their mate was bad but over a hundred police officers were injured by that mob!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I kinda know people in bradford who'd boast we can do whatever we want cos if the police touch us we'll just riot.

think before u start saying how sad things are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Seek and you shall find."

Errr hello to you too guest! no one was saying the rioting was right but I think that Karim guy should have been given some leniency with the sentence since he turned himself in and accepted what he did was wrong, with cases like manslaughter some people are given leniency so why not with this?

thing is there was a mood in the community of being wronged.

There were riots in Oldham beforehand.

To be honest that was the only way oput of the inferno.

I remember week after week ebing warned noit to go to town as I may get battered by NF thugs who were holding illegal rallies.

Racist football fans got routed through an asian area to walk through. They ended up smashing shop windows as the police stood by.

The police allowed the NF loonies, but arrested the Anti-fascist groups. In standoffs instead of removing the illegal NF groups the Police charged the offended youth nearby.

In the end there is only one way to respond after weeks of intimidation. Its not the correct thing, but totally understandable.

And noone is asking for those who were caught to be forgiven. Just to be given equal opportunity in the legal cases. Asian' sentences were atleast twice as long as those given the the instigators! And they have been the longest ever given in the UK for such type if cases.

and the cse of them being to show others rioting would not be tolerated is false. firstly the sentence should be for the crime, and not a political statement, second the cases were a while after the rioting. The rioting was over when the court cases started, and finished.

They did cause alot of hatred to build in the community, and put back the trust that had been built up between the communities and the police by years.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Guest" wrote:
Errr hellooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

These peoiple were [u][b]rioting[/b][/u]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

think before u start saying how sad things are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

erm hellooooooooooooo :roll: :roll:

the boy threw seven stones-had good references and got 5 years

use ur brain u fool

:evil:
Helooooo to you too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

For your information the guy in the program was an ACTOR!!!!!!!!!

Can you tell the difference that ACTOR played a guy who never existed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There was nobody like him in the riots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They made him up for TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just to tell people like you who think its okay to chuck a few rocks cos you won't get a severe punishment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sheesh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Seek and you shall find."

"Guest" wrote:

Can you tell the difference that ACTOR played a guy who never existed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There was nobody like him in the riots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They made him up for TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just to tell people like you who think its okay to chuck a few rocks cos you won't get a severe punishment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sheesh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that was funny, i liked that Lol

Salam

I watched it on Thursday.

I can't comment on its accuracy, as I was not in Bradford during the riots. I missed them. Damn.

But I found the program very pro muslim.

Omrow

"Guest" wrote:

listen u thicko

if u has watched the ENTIRE drama properly

u'd have read the bit at the end which said "some of the harshest punishments EVER given were to the bradford rioters"

so it was BASED on a true story

MuslimSisLilSis,

I haven't seen the program but it seems to me you're arguing against the strong punishments for stone throwers. It might sound harmless to you and it is deadly. Personally I meet scum on a regular basis and if they started throwing stones I would certainly expect them to be severely punished. I can't think why they would make a programme sympathetic to that, scum appreciate the encouragement. ftr I am not saying scum are Scum, just that they are scummy scum. If they wanted they could become friendly bacteria or whatever so the thing is do they regret scumminess or is it their birthright? If they want to make a programme about racism that is fine, and if they want to make a programme about harsh penalties that is fine, but if they made a programme sympathetic to scumminess that is not fine by me and I'm pleased I didn't catch it. The money would be better spent encouraging Bradford's immigrants to create a city to take pride in, rather than to stand proud and ruin the place. I don't give people a green light just because they seem too thick to do any different, and I do shed a tear for them but it ain't because they're treated unfairly by the authorities. I am treated unfairly by the authorities but then I am often not fair to them either. I know they mean well. Unfairness is fine. Unfairness isn't throwing stones.

[size=9]Whatever you do, know that I will always love you. Or else.[/size]

my issue with the drama was

1-unfair harsh punishments

2-racist police

3-not showing the whole story in court (the police drove the rioters to it)

by all means punish boys who throw stones

but be fair

7 stone shud not equal 5 years

the racist murderer from my town only got 10years

But Comeon LilSIs!

They were throwing stones! they should be thankful for not getting life!

:twisted:

(In rochdale, a hit and run driver who killed a kid was behind bars for around 5 months!)

I think some people are getting mixed up with what a stone is and what a brick is. If the brick landed on someones head they will most likely be dead.

But I still think the judge was too harsh on the asian kid considering it was his first offence and was a good uni student.

Watch out for east london as it might be the next asian place for riots as the BNP are proving to be quite popular there.

yeh watched it online last night.

ok i know it wernt based on real events, but it made me sick looking at the prejudices that took place.

in general i thought they portrayed Islam all wrong. For starters, the Imam in the mosque pronounced loadsa ayah's in the Qur'an totally wrong.. he didn't have a clue. Also, the older brother didn't have a clue how to pray Namaz, looking all over the place.

the police can do whatever it wants, the policeman can crack your head for no reason,.. u just have to take it.. self defence when it comes to the police is gna send you down for 5 years.

it was saying, if whites beat up an asian in front of the police, the police will stand back and watch. onlookers have no right to intervene. even when the police won't intervene.

it was also saying that the smart one out of the bunch, was the crack dealer who run off to Pakistan??????

I can't begin to understand how humiliated the Asians were in Bradford.
They we're provoked. Yeh.. they shuda all gone home.. gone homes with their heads down,.. being treated like crap.. feeling like crap. They shoulda been smarter. Thats the right, smart thing to do.

But the NF got exactly what they wanted.

I just pray when the brothers come out of jail, they lay low and become active in the work of Dawah, rather then looking for targets to get their revenge on.

Its Dawah, and Unity thats the biggest threat to the fascist's in authority. There's no crime in Dawah. It blatant that they'll go to any extent to make us trip, so that they can lock us up.

If the NF even think about coming back to the East London.. raah.. it aint like it used to be in the eighties no more... trust.

[b][i]Round and round the Ka'bah,
Like a good Sahabah,
One step, Two step,
All the way to jannah[/i][/b]

If I throw a stone at someone I get five years. I have no issue with that.

London has had many of these riots in the past. I remember talking to people at school whose older brothers and relatives had seen similar riots in Southall in the 70s/80s when NF Nazis tried to march through the mainly Indian areas.

On one occasion the police attacked the anti fascist demonstrators and allegedly beat a teacher to death during the confrontation.

Then the police force was riddled with racism and sympathised with the Nazis.
They don’t seem to have changed their attitudes as much as they would like us to believe.

I didn't watch it but 5 years for throwing stones is way too harsh. The punishment should match the crime. A lot of rapists get out in less than half that sentence, and paedophiles walk free everyday under the pretext of "being monitored" by the authorities. Farmer giles is imprisoned coz he shoots an imposter trying to raid his farm, yet the criminal gets to press charges for gbh and walk free? The penal system in this country needs a big shape up, it's priorities are clearly all wrong.

"100man" wrote:

even if ur provoked or driven to it out of self defence?

whatever u say :roll:

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

I do not have an issue with the size of the sentence per say.

I have two separate issues.

1. The sentences were especially harsh to TEACH OTHERS a lesson. One should be punished for their crimes, and not be given a diferent sentence as a political statement.

2. People have got smaller sentences for more serious crimes. (and death is more serious than throwing stones.)

3. There was nothing done about the behaviour pof the police. In Oldham The police were even before the riots seen as guilty as sin. They were almost seen as stoking up tension. There were claims the head was playing politics to get more funding. And then again 'the secret policeman' did expose atleast one cop (was he a trainee?) around Oldham.

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"100man" wrote:

:roll: ?

No, if I were to throw a stone in self defense it would be an act of self defense. Is that what it was, MuslimSisLilSis?

btw, other posters, I have met many policemen from ethnic minorities and many white policemen who are not racist. I have also met racist criminals from a variety of ethnicities. By and large I do not think the police are fascist sympathisers.

If I saw someone throwing stones at people I would not hesitate to use violence and I would not care how much harm was done to the stone thrower in the process of making it impossible to continue throwing stones.

yup, send in the tanks.

"Admin" wrote:
yup, send in the tanks.

Now that is quite a reinterpretation, Admin. I guess you're talking about the intefadah, where the army has been known to respond to stone throwers not by abandoning their posts or throwing stones back, but by standing their ground and if need be firing on the stone-throwers. ftr I also think that is an appropriate response, but that is a situation where one is charged with maintaining security, and I don't know what you think you would do.

what?

I said send in the tanks.

what do you think I said?

:twisted:

Most intelligent.

"100man" wrote:
[
btw, other posters, I have met many policemen from ethnic minorities and many white policemen who are not racist. I have also met racist criminals from a variety of ethnicities. By and large I do not think the police are fascist sympathisers.

Do you really think that they would tell you if they were?

I’ve read or heard about Fascist attacks on minorities in Britain in the past which have been met by armed resistance.

Prior to the Second World War many Jewish people in east London had had to stand up to racist agitators to protect their community.

What is the difference this time?

latifah,

Categorically.

Huh?

I still don’t see the difference between Asians street protests in Bradford and Jewish protesters in London in the 1930s. You can’t have fascists marching through the streets.

Of course if anyone is injured in the protests then the guilty should be prosecuted but 5 years sentences are way too harsh.

Pages