US/UK abuse of prisoners in Iraq's Abu Ghraib

salaam

US and US troops caught abusing Iraqi prisoners.... your views...

[b]

New Abu Ghraib images broadcast[/b]

An Australian TV channel has broadcast previously unpublished images showing apparent US abuse of prisoners in Iraq's Abu Ghraib jail in 2003.

The images on SBS TV are thought to be from the same source as those that caused an outcry around the world and led to several US troops being jailed.

The new images show "homicide, torture and sexual humiliation", SBS said.

see footage here:

[b]

Arab papers condemn 'savage' UK soldiers[/b]

The video showing the alleged beating of Iraqi youths by UK troops has caused outrage in Arab newspapers.

One commentator cites the furore over the deaths of recruits at a UK barracks as proof that violence is rife in the British armed forces.

News headlines in several Iraqi papers focus on the investigation ordered into the abuse claims by the British government.

"UK MoD investigates inhumane violations by soldiers in southern Iraq" announces the Baghdad edition of the London-based Al-Sharq al-Awsat.

The independent dailies Al-Dustur and Al-Mada also note the "immediate probe" launched by the Ministry of Defence.

Although little editorial comment has been observed in the Iraqi press, papers elsewhere in the Middle East react angrily to the violence captured on the video.

I just cant express how i feel....

*********%$^&*%$&(&

friggin 'animals'.!

Dame those American's!!!! :evil:

Who is the cat of the Forum? MEZ!
Your damn right!

mind you not just the americans...but our very own british armed forces too

...Yeh forgot to add.... Dame those British!!!!! :evil:

Who is the cat of the Forum? MEZ!
Your damn right!

Jus watched Newsnight with Shaykh Hamza Yusuf n a few others.

Shaykh Hamza had some good points. He said he's heard n seen this pictures about 3 years ago at the World economic summit or summin like that. And, that the timing of the release is summin to think about. Its to overspill and cause more anger in the hearts of Muslims everywhere.

Unfortunatly this is going to cause more riots etc around the muslim world. I seen footage of People in pakistan rioting, burnin flags and burning a kfc building. What did the chickens do to deserve burning?

Seriously tho, it makes no sense to me this rioting with the police. The police are ON YOUR SIDE. N they hav to stop you from rioting, why act stupid. Ignorance is bliss in the hearts of muslims nowadays it seems. Its a shame that people of the most civilised faith and religion in the universe, those who shud be representing Islam, are out burning flags and building, and rioting.

Before you do summin irrational, stop and think, what would our beloved Nabi S.A.W think of the action we are about to do?

_____________- -SupeRazor- -_______________

Some ppl make their goals the stars.
They may live n die n never reach the stars,
but in the darkness of the night, those stars will guide them to their destination.
Becuz they made them in their eyesight

Couple days on, and no major updates or news of the abu ghraib pictures.

Has ne1 been arrested? is the investigation under way?

I fear this will become a non issue in a few weeks.

The way I see it is, to keep the abu ghraib thing outta the news, they released sum stuff about guantanamo camp x-ray. A few pictures, and minimal info. And unfortunatly the papers have ran with it, havent seen the sunday papers yet, hopefully they still see the abu ghraib thing as major.

I would be extremely dissapointed if those responsible are not punished.

On news night this week, someone said, war is tit-for-tat, meaning this typa thing is going to happen, and it shudnt be paid much mind. Hopefully no-one but that guy feel the same way.

_____________- -SupeRazor- -_______________

Some ppl make their goals the stars.
They may live n die n never reach the stars,
but in the darkness of the night, those stars will guide them to their destination.
Becuz they made them in their eyesight

astagfirallah, it was filthy wot they did theres some sick sick "ppl" ou there man, it made me cry, n to think these were the ones they took pictures of imagine wot goes on behind close doors, remember our brothers and sisters in our dua and may Allah SWT help the family members thru this hardship

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]