Defending A Muslim No Matter What

Salaam

The Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) said

" A Muslim should help his brother, whether he is the oppressor or the oppressed." The Companions said "Ya Rasoolullah, we understand that we should help the brother when he's oppressed, but how do we help him when he is doing the oppression?" To which the Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) replied “help guide him back to Islam and justice”

In other words, be there for a Muslim no matter what…don’t kick him when he’s down.

Also, Hamdun al-Qassar, a top Sufi and one of the great early Muslims, as narrated by Imam Bayhaqi, said…

“If a friend among your friends errs, make seventy excuses for them. If your hearts are unable to do this, then know that the shortcoming is in your own selves…”

Sometimes, this 70 excuses rule gets a bit cloudy…I have come across people sticking up for their fellow Muslim brothers and Sisters when they are totally in the wrong….and they use the “70 excuses” rule to justify their actions.

And whilst I don’t believe that they should swear, insult or condemn the sinners…but at least ACKNOWLEDGE their sins.

I heard of a guy who got up to all sorts and had a decent, pious girl from back home waiting to get married to him….I feel that his family and friends had a RIGHT to tell the poor girl what exactly the guy was like instead of covering up for him.

Yes, I have heard of the saying that if cover up the faults of our Muslim brothers and sisters on the Day of Judgment Allah (swt) will cover up our faults…BUT hiding sins only works when nobody gets hurts from this action….wouldn’t it be correct to say that if by hiding sins we’re hurting others it should be our duty to confess?

And where does standing up for what is Haqq (truth) come under this rule?

Using examples of people such as OBL, Abu Humza and co…does covering up and/or making 70 excuses apply to them?

And doesn’t this 70 excuses rule only apply if you’re not 101% sure…for instance, if you see a married bearded guy walk into a pub then we cant assume the worst….but if he comes out smelling of alcohol, has lipstick on his collar and acts drunk then maybe we can start assuming?

This issue gets clouded at times….doesn’t covering up and/or making 70 excuses depend on the situation?

Share your thoughts…

Wasalaam

I dont know about no 70 excuses or what not. But I prefer to stand up for the truth. If I believe my friend has wronged...then i'll tell him to his face that i dont agree with what you done. Ofcourse being my friend i'd stick up for him but i refuse point blank to cover up for his wrong-doings.

As for when and where it can be applied, i think you hit the nail on the head there. I would never hide the truth from someone whom i believe has a genuine right to know. If by hiding the truth i cause another pain i would tell the truth in a second. If it hurtz no one i can overlook it otherwise no.

In the case of that guy and the pious girl. She should be told what hes like, coz if shes going to marry him she has the right to the plain harsh truth, since theres no point in hiding it coz she'll prob figour it out afterwards anyway it'd be alot better for everyone concerned if their upfront about it.

Every1 knows my views on OBL; so im just gonna say protect the innocent, shepherd the weak through the valley of the darkness. Always try and speak the truth.

Back in BLACK

MUSLIM SISTER

Im not sure I'll clarify anything for you... but I think ur halfway there.

Yes 70 exuses must be made and look no further into the context of this statement... as literally i would've thought its a difficult enough task to think of 7 excuses whereas its all to easy to think the worse..

So as good muslims we must make 70 excuses inorder to clear ourselves of any sort of liabilty and of being guilty of slander etc..

As we all know backbiting is a serious offence which we all do without thinking so is thinking the worse..

We must try and improve our characters and try to emulate the characteristics of the perfect example to mankind , our beloved prophet Muhammed s.a.w

Where there is a will there is a way..

as the omro would say

sumtimes its best to call a spade a spade-otherwise innocent people get hurt and decieved Cray 2

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
as the omro would say

sumtimes its best to call a spade a spade-otherwise innocent people get hurt and decieved Cray 2

That's too long for Omrow.

There is also a hadith saying nationalism is supporting your people in a cause that is wrong. Or something to those words.

combine the two, and you get some guidelines:

1. If a muslims are opressed help them.
2. If they are oppressing, get them to see the truth, and stop oppressing.
3. Do not walk away and ignore the situation. where necessary look for reasons. and keep hope.
4. Do not help in opressing.

I do not see where it says that a spade must not be called a spade. what I see is that the spade should not be ditched.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Salam

"MuslimSister" wrote:
" A Muslim should help his brother, whether he is the oppressor or the oppressed."

This is clearly a false Tradition blamed on the Prophet

Prophet of God does not utter such things.

It contradicts what God teaches in the Holy Quran.

And Prophet did advise us to compare with the Quran any report that is attributed to him.

Islam teaches us to be truthful.

And one cannot be a person truthful when one sides with a criminal against an innocent man.

Omrow

you should try reading on, and read the rest of the hadith. Using your methodology, the quran says do not even approach prayer.

And its in Sahih Muslim. Its a sahih hadith. Fully authenticated.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Omrow" wrote:
"MuslimSister" wrote:
" A Muslim should help his brother, whether he is the oppressor or the oppressed."

This is clearly a false Tradition blamed on the Prophet

Prophet of God does not utter such things.

Narrated Anas (r.a): Allah's Apostle said, "Help your brother, whether he is an oppressor or he is an oppressed one. People asked, "O Allah's Apostle! It is all right to help him if he is oppressed, but how should we help him if he is an oppressor?" The Prophet said, "By preventing him from oppressing others."
[Sahih Bukhari, Volume 3, Book 43, No. 624)

Jabir ibn 'Abdullah (r.a) reported that two young men, one from the Muhajireen and the other from the Ansar fell into dispute and the Muhajir called his fellow Muhajirin, and the Ansari called the Ansar (for help). In the meanwhile, Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) came there and said: What is this, the proclamation of the days of jahiliya (ignorance)? They said: Allah's Messenger, there is nothing serious. The two young men fell into dispute and the one struck at the back of the other. Thereupon he (the Holy Prophet) said: Well, a person should help his brother whether he is an oppressor or an oppressed. If he is the oppressor, he should be prevented from doing it, for that is his help; and if he is the oppressed he should be helped (against oppression).
[Sahih Muslim, Book 32, no. 6254]

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"Omrow" wrote:

And one cannot be a person truthful when one sides with a criminal against an innocent man.

hadith aint telling us to SIDE with him :roll: :roll:

its telling us to help sort him out and make him good again

I agree with what admin wrote. At all time we should try to help.

But i found that you have two main type of muslims. One who is quick to condemn anything a muslims does and generally is quick to think bad of them, and the other who insist on defending them as all cost.

I personally don't believe we should cover up just due to the fact that they are muslims. If someone has done wrong they need to be told and corrected. It important that we are fair as muslims and justice is done when it need to be.

But i seen with muslims that they quick to reject their fellow muslims based on weak evidence. Basically anything that being reported in the media and allegation and assumption made in the paper, this is wrong in my opinion. I think we should only comment on something if we are left with no doubt. At present we seem to be too quick condemn these muslims, sometime based on media pressure.

It can be a fine line balancing the two, but i believe that it can be done.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

yuit

ur too critical of the media

i dont believe that we shud believe everything we read

but at the same time we shudnt reject all we read either

i know ur referring to bakr and Co

they NEED condemning

They do not need condemning.

They need replacing. We do not need to condemn their views, but show that they are not everyones.

Why is it that they are used by the media when there is a muslim issue? because no one else is available. we do not have any media friendly personalities here.

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
yuit

they NEED condemning

Well u know nothing then :roll: because i wasn't going on about Bakri and co.

Plus i have every right to be critical with the media, they choose who they want to portray islam depending on what their story is. So don't be surprise that they used Al Muhijourn lot alot as they perfect when they want to show a clash of civilisation. When they want to show Islam in a tolerable or what some may percieve as moderate islam, there is no shortage of scholar then. The media deliberatly pick and choose which muslims they want to portray islam. Muslims just need to wise up and realise when they are being played, especially Al Muhijourn lot.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

"yuit" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
yuit

they NEED condemning

Plus i have every right to be critical with the media, they choose who they want to portray islam depending on what their story is. So don't be surprise that they used Al Muhijourn lot alot as they perfect when they want to show a clash of civilisation. When they want to show Islam in a tolerable or what some may percieve as moderate islam, there is no shortage of scholar then. The media deliberatly pick and choose which muslims they want to portray islam. Muslims just need to wise up and realise when they are being played, especially Al Muhijourn lot.

lilsis i think yuit was referring to the case of Omar Khayam, the guy he knows who apparently dressed up as a suicide bomber...

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"*DUST*" wrote:
"yuit" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
yuit

they NEED condemning

lilsis i think yuit was referring to the case of Omar Khayam, the guy he knows who apparently dressed up as a suicide bomber...

No not just him, i talking about groups like HT and certain groups within Islam like the salafi, wahaabi and deobandi as well. Just everyone, if the media or anyone in general say something about a group of muslims that people don't agree with, they to quick to believe it IMO. Given the benefit of doubt to muslims has kind of disappear sometime it seem, though it does seem thing are improving abit.

[url=http//

Reviving an old topic here...but just want to see if we can actually make 70 excuses for those who may 'appear' to be in the wrong.

-Married man laughing with a woman who is not his wife
-Bearded guy hanging outside a pub.
-Unmarried girl in a car with a guy you dont know.
-Someone hiding their text messages from you.

"MuslimSister" wrote:
Reviving an old topic here...but just want to see if we can actually make 70 excuses for those who may 'appear' to be in the wrong.

Could be a work colleague. Sister. And why is it any of my business? (which applies to them all really)
"MuslimSister" wrote:

Does not want to go in. Waiting for someone. Doing some recon work.
"MuslimSister" wrote:
Do you know everyone she knows? Could be her brother. long lost twin. Taxi?
"MuslimSister" wrote:

Maybe... well.. they are... um... PRIVATE?

"MuslimSister" wrote:

1. maybe the woman is a shop assistant and is laughing AT him
2. guy with social skills prob. too nervous to go in and strike up a convo
3. her dads mate - she found on the highway - lost, confused with no money in his pocket
4. planning a surprise partay for YOU

i have some more

-Mr Admin caught inside a club.
-garfield is suddenly loaded. very quickly. no one know how.
-Mr Ed is found with a alcoholic drink in his hand
-Yaqub is found unconscious outside a pub

We Muslims HAVE TO show that the majority of Muslims are not extreme by condemning their radical actions.

However, other cases regarding covering up peoples sins as mentioned above
I think that you should just mind your own business as Allah knows best.

At the end of the day everyone will be accountable to their own sins so it is better not to judge people, backbite or insult.

"Purity is half of faith.......Prayer is the light...patience is illumination; and the Quran is an argument for or against you. Everyone starts his day and is a vendor of his soul, either freeing it or bringing about its ruin." Muslim

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

He got lost Wink

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
-garfield is suddenly loaded. very quickly. no one know how.

His father/mother died leaving all their money/possessions.

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
-Mr Ed is found with a alcoholic drink in his hand

Conducting an experiment.

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

Someone beat him up.

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

Preaching is a hard job, but someone's gotta do it. Yeah I'll start with that lass over there.

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

ahh, those were the days!!

Don't just do something! Stand there.

"Ya'qub" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

ahh, those were the days!!

lol

He who sacrifices his conscience to ambition, burns a picture to obtain the ashes!

certain scholars say that if you meet a Muslim in the street, you should never ask where he/she is going/coming from, just in case they are going to commit/have just committed a sin, and might lie to cover it up (therefore adding to their sins).

or if you always protect your gaze by looking to the floor (or not wearing any glasses/contact lenses), you'll never see admin or ed or garfield or anyone doing anything haram, so you wouldn't have to think up excuses for them!

Don't just do something! Stand there.

"Ya'qub" wrote:

or if you always protect your gaze by looking to the floor (or not wearing any glasses/contact lenses), you'll never see admin or ed or garfield or anyone doing anything haram, so you wouldn't have to think up excuses for them!

Your not likely to catch me anyway. Trying to catch me is like trying to catch a ghost. So dont worry about it... keep your head up high and keep walking.

Seriously keep your head up or you'll bump into someone... god forbid it be a non-maharm for one of the sisters... and if its a guy... god forbid it be a sister Lol

Back in BLACK