Issue 20: FEEDBACK

AsalaamuAlaikum fellow Revivalers.

I hope you're all okay, having a great day and enjoying Ramadhan.

Issue 20 is now out and I'm hoping that all of you have your copy at home. If you haven't received a personal copy yet or you'd like to distribute, then please let myself or TheRevivalEditor () know your address and we can post them out to you inshaAllah. 

You can also view and download the full magazine in .

To continously improve the work that The Revival Magazine offers we need YOU to offer your feedback, improvements and suggestions about the artwork, content, quality of articles, types of articles, advertisements and absolutely anything else that you want to and need to say. We want to hear it so don't be afraid to say what needs to be said! 

Your opinions are vital to ensure that we know what YOU love, like, dislike and hate. Afterall The Revival does aim to deal with the issues facing the Muslim youth today by producing Islamic literature, which is down to earth, readable, entertaining as well as educational. Do you think this was portrayed through Issue 20?

Comment below to share your valuable feedback!

Hummus.

Tags: 

I personally really like how you can see all the pages on this site, and move between them. Its almost like reading from the actual magazine thats to my right left. Just a bit blurry in comparison.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

we should have a pdf download count thing to see how often/many times the pdf version is downloaded.

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Has there been an issue that hasn't had something marriage related in it? lol

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

During today's distribution I didn't receive actual feedback but I was asked - 'What's it about?' and more importantly 'Is it an Islamic magazine?' - I think the cover itself may lead people into thinking that it has nothing to do with Islam and Muslims (if they've haven't had time to scroll down and read what's inside and have only looked at it as a whole). Therefore I think that in the future, the picture on the front cover should be more Islam related so that people don't actually need to ask.

The cover theme has changed massively when you compare it to previous mags.

The backbiting article looked like a 12 year old had written it. There were too many commas and it could be improved in a million ways which is frustrating. Taqwa is God-consciousness, not 'fear' (as it was referred to in that article) so that is misleading.

Overall its impressive.

_Me_ wrote:
Taqwa is God-consciousness, not 'fear' (as it was referred to in that article) so that is misleading.

Its not misleading at all. Taqwa has many meanings and one of the linguistic meanings that it has - is fear of Allah Almighty which allows us to become more conscious of not displeasing Allah. I hope that's cleared things up for you. 

Hummus wrote:
_Me_ wrote:
Taqwa is God-consciousness, not 'fear' (as it was referred to in that article) so that is misleading.

Its not misleading at all. Taqwa has many meanings and one of the linguistic meanings that it has - is fear of Allah Almighty which allows us to become more conscious of not displeasing Allah. I hope that's cleared things up for you. 

It hasn't cleared anything up. 

Thanks.

Hummus is right.

Though its hard to explain as It just doznt translate well. This consciousness and therefore fear of Allah(swt) acts as shield against wrongdoing. As abstaining from sins through fear and consciousness of Allah (swt) ultimately allows us to become closer to Allah (swt). Hope that helped.

And I heard as it were, the noise of thunder. One of the four beasts saying come and see and I beheld, a pale horse. And his name that sat on him was Death... and Hell followed with him.

JazakAllahu Khair Castiel.

By the way have you seen or read Issue 20?

Either in printed form or in PDF?

What did you make of it?

I think Me is right to some extent. It's not exactly the wrong definition but it doesn't mean just the fear of Allah either. What it ultimately means is God-conciousness but fear is just *one* way which would lead to this God-conciousness so to just use this one definition simplifies it without giving the right picture, I think. 

However this should've been picked on during proof reading. Same goes for the backbiting article, though I thought it was fine.

...but yeh can't complain about those things, if we didn't pick them up before!

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Has the magazine been posted on other sites like ummah/mpac/sunniforum?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
Has the magazine been posted on other sites like ummah/mpac/sunniforum?

I think that's something we should do. Would you like to do the honours, or shall i?

Here's a general comment that a friend messaged me with about 5 minutes ago: Just wanted to say that I've been really enjoying the revival lately, good job to you and your team! Mashallah.