ALL YOUR DATA ARE BELONG TO US - US Government has direct access to ALL your online data!

Pretty shocking but I take for granted that we are watched. Not worth worrying about too much, but it is true you wouldn't want to see overly powerful agencies of the state in the wrong hands. That for me is the worst case scenario, and on a small scale it happens all over the place, but I don't think we are being kept in line to the point where I really feel it. In Britain at least we all run this gig as best we can.

Smile

(One of my favourite novelists is Anthony Burgess - best known for A Clockwork Orange - and he wrote a novel called 1985, which in its first part is an analysis of Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four, and in its second is a work of fiction employing the same approach, considering the most extreme endgame of problems besetting Britain in the author's time. A dystopian Britain, culturally reduced to its lowest common denominator, sexualised and demoralised, is in the grip of trade unions who maintain a state of forced unemployed through strikes, giving rise to a political battle between the unions and wealthy Arabs who seek to assert Islam. It's irrelevant to your post but I think of it whenever people mention 1984, because I see bits of all the worst predictions here and there. Neither novel truly represents the balance between the people and the state.)

• It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

Yup, the new revelations are that the UK simply outsourced the spying to the US in order to get around the law.

The UK government has been trying to get a snooping charter in place to allow such things and they even attempted to hijack the recent murder to push for this.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

I am certain I posted this topic onto last night. The post is no longer there...

Or the link was too big. I just manually reposted.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

lol 

">http://youtu.be/WAQlsS9diBs]

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

I like that senator, he talks sense.

Wonder if he will get far.

We have stalkers. I kid. If you're a decent person, they would have no reason to want to know such information about you, nor do they have the time or employees for that either. They probably have some sort of filter which detects suspicious and very repetitive words like 'bomb' for their counter terrorism strategies. Who knows. And even more important, these spies and people who do such stalking are accountable to the law too. 

And I came across something last night. It said that Google has issued a strong denial that it allows the US government to access its servers. 

A few of the tech companies have - and the statements have many similarities.

But here is another thing - the court orders are so secret, admitting you know of them would probably be considered breaking national security laws...

From : "An ex-CIA employee who leaked details of US top-secret phone and internet surveillance has disappeared from his hotel in Hong Kong."

@Hummus - it's never alright for us to be spied on

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

TPOS wrote:
@Hummus - it's never alright for us to be spied on

Yupp. Lack of privacy.

lol Biggrin

• It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens