Outrage at Syrian rebel shown 'eating soldier's heart'

A video which appears to show a Syrian rebel taking a bite from the heart of a dead soldier has been widely condemned.

US-based Human Rights Watch identified the rebel as Abu Sakkar, a well-known insurgent from the city of Homs, and said his actions were a war crime.

The main Syrian opposition coalition said he would be put on trial.

Read More:

Tags: 

Yuck. I don't think i want to read anymore. Why anyone would want to act like a cannibal, i have no idea.

whats the syrian opposition coalition? and is the heart eater part of that?

the hatred must have been quite great..the stuff that's going on over there..im not surprised..drive people to the edge. doesnt mean its not wrong.

so what if some party with some messed up name called it a war crime? so what now. they're the bad guys? im somehow so annoyed, i can imagine those unruffled, in suits pot bellied males standing in front of cameras and "condemning" the act and calling it a "war crime". well done you, pat yourself on the back.

*just scrolled back up to fuel my rage*

oh. the US BASEd Human Rights watch. i see. so rthey just sit in offices watch wars and point fingers calling reall gross stuff "war crimes" and "an infringement on the universal Human Rights"? that sounds utterly USELESS.

its a war. a crime that occurs in a war is a war crime.

i feel like punching my screen. even though there is so much in my above post that is wrong. please do not quote the above or comment on it specifically. i have plenty of reseach to do. im just p*ssed off right now.

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

"Human rights groups" for Syria are generally single individuals who act from their own passions, so it doesnt have to be a conspiracy.

The guy recorded a video, so its out there for people to see (which I haven't).

Desecrating bodies is wrong and unislamic. If it is done by an individual who is part of a cause we may have sympathies with, it does not mean that it should be overlooked, as others will take cue from it and if we are not self critical, it causes problems.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

What's the follow up to the Syrain rebel? What did they say to him?