Life of Pi, what did you think of it?

Pi, the son of an Indian zookeeper, decides to hitch a ride to Canada with a shipment of animals but when the ship goes down he’s forced to share the only lifeboat with a zebra, a hyena, an orangutan and a Bengal tiger. With hundreds of days stretching before them, they need to learn to trust each other if they are going to survive. Life of Pi is a lavish coming-of-age story with heart and spirit.

Tags: 

I still need to watch it, but if I don't get to watch it at the cinema, I might read the book before watching the film. Heard lots of good stuff about it though.

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

I loved how Pi- the kid that everyone bullied because of his real name, becomes Pi- the cool kid who was named after 3.14. 

You know how Pi followed three religions all at the same time, is that actaully possible? One moment he's at the church getting baptised, next moment he believes in the 330 million Hindu gods, and then you see him visiting the mosque and reading Salah at home? They contradict each other so much. I'm sure he explained his reasoning, but i must've forgot. What did he actually say?

Without a trace of jealousy

Without a trace of jealousy