Pray for Gaza

35 posts / 0 new
Last post

Ceasefire in Gaza: now is your chance to help.
Asalaamu Alaykum,

Alhamdulillah there is now a ceasefire over Gaza. Having already supplied over £100,000 worth of medical aid to the region, this is our opportunity to deliver more. So much more is needed!

The death toll over the last few days has risen dramatically. On the last report nearly 100 people have lost their lives and now over 1000 people have been critically injured. Many medical facilities, schools and homes have been hit. But more importantly lives have been shattered.

Human Appeal, as one of the main NGOs to work in Gaza has provided substantial help, but now is an opportunity we cannot lose. During this ceasefire we can deliver more medical aid, support the hospitals, rebuild the infrastructure and look after the families that have been left without.

Your donation can save a life.

Or call 0161 225 0225

Here is the first hand account of our projects co-ordinator in Gaza.

As I stand at the entrance to al-Shifa Hospital in Gaza, I feel broken by the scenes that surround me. Men, women and children are waiting for treatment, crying out in pain. Very few beds existed before the attacks, now they are even more of a rarity. People are just lying all over the floor, longing for the world to take notice.

We delivered so much, but it has been all used up. We now have little or no medical equipment; even the drip solution is being replaced by salted tap water. I can’t help but wonder if the use of such household treatments can possibly save any of these lives? After all, what is the might of salted tap water against a blown off leg or shrapnel ridden body?

The mother next to me is holding her breath, making silent prayers for the life of her son. A boy is now lying nearly lifeless in the hospital ward, suffering 40% burns across his back. You can feel the pain in the air.

We need your help, please don’t forget us.

(By Fady Dawoud who lives in Gaza City. He is the Project Co-ordinator for Human Appeal International’s Gaza Office and has been delivering medical aid since the attacks began.)

| 0161 225 0225

Didnt Qatar recently promise to rebuild Gaza?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Titanium wrote:

I'm not the type of person who takes my sword out everytime i don't like anything or agree with something. 

I'm not the type of person who runs the world on MY terms. and if they dont obey they must die. 

Uneccessary, messy and completely immoral. Am i right to assume you're a guy? Cos thats a typical macho attitude. 

So the palestine they are fighting just for things they don't like???

Are they supposed to like seeing their children as young as a few months old or some not even born yet mercilessly butchered??

I guess you even condemn the wars conducted by the Sahaba RA during the conquest of the Iraq, Syria etc. I pray for martyrdom every time I raise my hands in dua and I don't care how much it is condemned by mordernist muslims. May Allah grant me the courage and ability to remain steadfast in the face of adversity. Ameen.

Pages