Educating MuslimSister

127 posts / 0 new
Last post

Cool!

I prefer Edexcel papers to AQA. Posting here has many advantages.

I best get of here and start studying.... :?

"MuslimSister" wrote:
Cool!

I prefer Edexcel papers to AQA. Posting here has many advantages.

I best get of here and start studying.... :?

yea edexcel is much better [size=7](i did Edexcel GCSE Math ;))[/size].

anyway, yep, get on with those questions, and good luck! Smile

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"Guest" wrote:

But I still don't understand Dawuds post
HOW CAN U GET FROM
O + ((17.5/100)*O) = V
to
O*(1+ 17.5/100) = V ????????????????????????

DAWUD PLESASE ANSWER YOURSELF!

Okay friend, my fault, I've been trainned to make my maths look elegant, so I don't put in the most basic steps...which is silly of me seeing as MS probably hasn't done maths for about 7 years. No offence meant.

okay:

O + (O*(17.5/100)) = V

that is:

(O*1) + (O*(17.5/100)) = V

Which is:

(O*1) + (O*(0.175)) = V

Okay if you understand this bit, good, because the next bit is still confusing my sister:

(O*1) + (O*(0.175)) = V

is the same as:

(O*(1)) + (O*(0.175)) = V

which is:

O*(1) + O*(0.175) = V

Can you see the Left Hand Side has a common factor of 'O'
This can be bought 'out side' to be multiplied after the addition: e.g.
(2*1) + (2*3) = 2*(1+3) which equals 2*(4) = 2*4

(check the answer to make sure for yourself)

so anyway:

O*(1) + O*(0.175) = V

then we take out the common factor of 'O'
which becomes:

O*(1+0.175) = V

and so:

O*(1.175) = V

and so we get Insha Allah T'ala

O = V/(1.175)

Btw I only put a solution in at all because Dark Paladin didn't tell us where the '1' in '1.175' comes from, other than to say its use for percentage increase.

Also MS tell your brother if girls should leave the maths to men, then [i]calculate[/i] who's older out of you and him...

Hope you all followed it. Biggrin

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

lol at your brother sayin maths is for men Lol

altho generally speakin....from what i seen....guys are better at it :?

i think nealy everyone did Edexcel maths, its the better one

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

Either you are good at maths or you are not.

I was extremely good at applied maths (mechanics etc...), but stats did not make sense to me. It stil does not. distributions (normal mean etc...) to me felt as someone just made it all up!

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

i was ace at maths

since i took up law

4gotten the simplest of things :?

did Pure maths with Stats at college....thats where the liking ended

LOVED gcse maths

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

In A level maths in the stats and pure I only answered about 4 question giving me a possible 20 odd out of 120! (I should really revise... I never have been good at that! (I had never been introduced to the concept before around year 10 time.))

And I aced mechanics. That almost rescued me. Forgotten it all now aswell.

And lawyers are not good at maths anyway.

'2 hours? well at £10.00 an hour that will be £550.00'

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Lol

lol....i was a maths/science guy

but i chose the legal path

why, i dont knw!!

but maths at A level was waaaaay to next level......plus doin 4 subjects meant hard to concentrate on maths, required a lot of its own time

so i dropped it

never loooked back

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Dawud" wrote:
"Guest" wrote:

But I still don't understand Dawuds post
HOW CAN U GET FROM
O + ((17.5/100)*O) = V
to
O*(1+ 17.5/100) = V ????????????????????????

DAWUD PLESASE ANSWER YOURSELF!

Okay friend, my fault, I've been trainned to make my maths look elegant, so I don't put in the most basic steps...which is silly of me seeing as MS probably hasn't done maths for about 7 years. No offence meant.

okay:

O + (O*(17.5/100)) = V

that is:

(O*1) + (O*(17.5/100)) = V

Which is:

(O*1) + (O*(0.175)) = V

Okay if you understand this bit, good, because the next bit is still confusing my sister:

(O*1) + (O*(0.175)) = V

is the same as:

which is:

O*(1) + O*(0.175) = V

Can you see the Left Hand Side has a common factor of 'O'
This can be bought 'out side' to be multiplied after the addition: e.g.
(2*1) + (2*3) = 2*(1+3) which equals 2*(4) = 2*4

(check the answer to make sure for yourself)

so anyway:

O*(1) + O*(0.175) = V

then we take out the common factor of 'O'
which becomes:

O*(1+0.175) = V

and so:

O*(1.175) = V

and so we get Insha Allah T'ala

O = V/(1.175)

Btw I only put a solution in at all because Dark Paladin didn't tell us where the '1' in '1.175' comes from, other than to say its use for percentage increase.

Also MS tell your brother if girls should leave the maths to men, then [i]calculate[/i] who's older out of you and him...

Hope you all followed it. Biggrin

Hey this still doesn't make sense, I dont think you've explained a bit...

[b]Man, this is getting complicated no wunder The Dark Paladin didnt explain all this stuff to MuslimSis Biggrin [/b]

How can you say that
O + (O*(17.5/100)) = V

is the same as:

(O*1) + (O*(0.175)) = V ?????????????????????????????

isnt it the same as this

(O*1) + ((O*1)(0.175*1)) = V ???????????????????????

PLEASE EXPLAIN

THANKX

"Seek and you shall find."

u guys are making this more complicated then it is

i spent all evening last with sis studying simultanous equations-

the gal is bear stressed Cray 2

guest ur getting too confused

"Guest" wrote:

[size=9]How can you say that
O + (O*(17.5/100)) = V

is the same as:[/size]

(O*1) + (O*(0.175)) = V ?????????????????????????????

isnt it the same as this

(O*1) + ((O*1)(0.175*1)) = V ???????????????????????

Thats not the most efficient way of wirting it, but yeah, it is also the same as that:

You wrote:

(O*1) + ((O*1)(0.175*1)) = V

which can still be have common factor 'O' taken 'outside the brackets':

O*(1+((1)(0.175*1))) = V

workout the bit in the bracket:

O*(1+0.175) = V

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

I'm still a little confused in

why is the 1 in brakets for???????????????????

THANKX for the xplanation so far Biggrin

It was supposd to make the next step clearer, but honestly I used way too many brackets.

Lol

Are you an engineer?????????????

They Always overcomplicate things Lol Lol Lol

Thats funny because Ii'm in my first year of an engineerring degree.
Lol Biggrin Dirol

word of advice MuslimSis....

ignore these lot.....makin it all harder than it really is

they are applying advanced levels of maths to simple GCSE questions

stick to explaining it the easy way folks :roll:

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

bless you sis

i hate maths, was looking at my brothers gcse exam paper other day, and its all alien to me now, even though I got A at GCSE, ive totally forgotten it all now

I can see MuslimSister has wisely decided to stay away from you mathematicians!

Just give one way, or you can confuse.

We can always argue which way is best, but consider her test is soon, let her remember one properly, rather than 10 badly...

Salaam,

I think MuslimSister's exam is on Friday 3rd February...

So let us remember her in our prayers; may she be granted success in her endeavour and may her burden be made easy upon her...

May peace be blessed upon you.

Docendo Discimus

In case it comes up, when the Greeks were playing with fractions they at first thought everything could be expressed as a fraction. Then someone tried that on √2 and √3 and found that those are in fact infinite decimals with no recurring pattern, called irrational numbers. [size=15]π[/size] is another one. At this point the scientist in question apparently freaked out and killed himself, but for the Greeks it was a day of celebration, and they sacrified 100 bulls:

[img]

So the answer is 100. If anyone asks don't say 100man told you, just say it's your favourite number and hesitantly sing a made up song that sounds slightly flat. Actually, do say 100man told you.

And good luck!

[size=9]Whatever you do, know that I will always love you. Or else.[/size]

Salaam

Thank you so much guys for remembering..!

Paladin your input was appreciated.

Just returned home from my exam. What a week…all week I studied from 11 in the morning until 10 at night…and only taking breaks for lunch/dinner.

I had my phone switched off the entire week and never left the house at all.

I used to believe that women could multitask…but all week I thought of maths and nothing else.

I did my brother’s head in all week and on some nights I’d cry out of frustration cos I just didn’t “geddit”. :oops:

I kept away from this thread cos some of you guys were confusing me…thankfully percentage decrease never came up.

The exam wasn’t bad at all….it was mainly algebra, ratio’s, percentage, Pythagoras..

I didn’t get stuck on any question and…found it kinda easy.

I don’t want to speak to soon though…I’ll find out my results in two weeks time.

Lol-my legs felt so weak when I finished the paper and stood up…I felt so mentally and physically drained….

If anything, this week has taught me that I need to chill!

I take everything in life too seriously.

Wasalaam

Congratulations! I think you're fine. Hope you took my advice.

Shabbat Shalom.

[size=9]Whatever you do, know that I will always love you. Or else.[/size]

aww well done MuslimSis!! told u it'd be easy after all those practice questions. Wink now u can chill out... Dirol

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"*DUST*" wrote:
aww well done MuslimSis!! told u it'd be easy after all those practice questions. Wink now u can chill out... Dirol

Annoyingly...the paper wasnt even GCSE maths standard.

And I've spent the week cramming two years worth of GCSE maths.

No wonder I was stressed.

"MuslimSister" wrote:
Salaam

Thank you so much guys for remembering..!

[b]Paladin your input was appreciated. [/b]

Hah!!! Biggrin

If I were you, The Dark Paladin, I would charge MuslimSister for the Advise you gave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Well done MuslimSis!

Knew it wouldn't be a problem for you - lol watch out though, you might have done so well they will put you at the head of boring algebra classes for the rest of your career!

So what's the next stage in this whole employment process? You had to take it as a job requirement right?

Lol-Thanks Dave.

I just sat my maths paper to get into my teacher’s training course.

If I pass I should start my teacher’s course starting in April…if God forbid I don’t get in this year, I’ll apply again next year and will start applying to Islamic schools …in the hope that someone may take me in without my QTS (qualified teacher’s status)….cos I do have plenty of experience.

I'll just have to wait and see what God has in store for me....

well waiting is the hardest party unfortunately - but i'm sure you've done well, you did say it seemed easy and you certainly studied to your maximum capacity.

lol now you just have to figure a way to unwind while they wait to get back to you

Yeah, not knowing is always the most stressful part…I need to read some Islamic psychology books teaching me how to deal with failure…how to “frame events”.

I have a serious problem with accepting failure.

Good to have you back Dave.

Pages