what time are you guys doing Suhoor?

bit frighten right now..

ive been doing suhoor at 3.15ish going on 3.20ish..but today saw a calendar that did it at 1.30 or something and the computer azaan thingy is doing fajr at 2.55 or something.

3:54 over here in Norwich

1:30 doesn't sound right at all not does 2:55 tbh...too much of a gap between sehoor and fajr

coincidence that i just read this ayat: 2:187

'...and eat and drink until the white thread (light) of dawn appears to you distinct from the black thread (darkness of night), then complete your Saum (fast) till the nightfall...'

Close it at 3:32 today.

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

One mosque says 1.27, the other says 3.27 with a mile separating them. Yes, thats an exact two hour difference. I've opted for the earlier option. That means that when i pray Fajr, a lot of other Muslims, maybe even my neighbours, haven't closed their fast yet. Jamaat on the earlier timetable says 1.45!

most people close it at 3ish as far as a i know...thing is the gap between 1ish and actual fajr time at 3 is too wide...somehow it doesn't make sense for sehoor to finish at 1ish

but  i guess its better to opt for earlier time if there's doubt in later time....

Suhail wrote:

but  i guess its better to opt for earlier time if there's doubt in later time....

Really?
I thought you should eat until the last time? There's no light at 1am is there?

Northen Southener wrote:
Suhail wrote:

Really? I thought you should eat until the last time? There's no light at 1am is there?

but she's not sure if the later time is the right time if you know what i mean...

about 2.50.

The issue in the UK is that due to the sun not going far enough below the horizon in the summer months, there is some confusion as to when fajr should start and there are a number of working ideas and theories and formulas at play.

As long as one is followed with sincerity, that is all that can be asked.

There's no light at 1am is there

Those that do it at half 1 will say that there is, the nominal level of darkness to call it night has not been reached and in their view it has become light enough for sehri to start. (those that finish suhoor at half 1 will start praying fajr at 2am latest.)

Or something like that.

All the positions have many studious people behind them. Just follow one and dont get involved in the aguments as its complicated and will just create fitnah.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Fast Closes at 2:20am and opens at 9:40pm (at the moment)