Eid Dinner Nasheeds Comedy - Baba Ali, Sahir Mustaqin &

90 posts / 0 new
Last post

"Noor" wrote:
cow

Lol

To be beautiful is to expect nothing in return.

"Snoopz" wrote:
your always skint...

i would treat u but naaah Biggrin

tat reminds me, i owe u some money snooppy. I don't mind being
treated Biggrin
*flutters eyelashes*

lol

A rose protects its beauty with thorns..a woman protects hers with a veil

I am from Heeley in sheffield and think that the Baba Ali event should not have happened so close to the aashiq al rasul event. The asshiq al rasul event has been advertised for almost a month now, the students that are organsisng this event at uni, should have respected that fact.

I will be attending the aashiq al rasul event as I feel that the line up is more value for money and I attended an event at Octagon last year, really poor venue and could not find parking.

I hope both events go well Inshalah as they are for a good cause.

There's massive, celebration, Islamic Culture programme on wednesday here in London...another celebration and culture programme in Barking Mosque on Saturday (10min away from albert Mosque)....the baba ali comdedy event on Monday AND a couple of New year eve dhikr programmes on Monday night too.....and I bet theres even more going on, that I dont even know about.

I'm looking to go to most of them....its cool having so many programmes going on. As far as I know, most people only go to the ones that suit them more.

"Asim qureshi" wrote:
I am from Heeley in sheffield and think that the Baba Ali event should not have happened so close to the aashiq al rasul event. The asshiq al rasul event has been advertised for almost a month now, the students that are organsisng this event at uni, should have respected that fact.

I will be attending the aashiq al rasul event as I feel that the line up is more value for money and I attended an event at Octagon last year, really poor venue and could not find parking.

I hope both events go well Inshalah as they are for a good cause.

the students may have planned it for months to..

il be going to both inshallah

Yes, me and my cousin attended.

Was okkk I suppose.

No one was particularly funny apart from the Somali comedian, he was pretty good.

The nasheeds by sound of reason were ok.

BaBA Ali hosting it, did a pretty good job.

A rose protects its beauty with thorns..a woman protects hers with a veil

turnout & atmopshere wasn't exactly kicking (reminding me of the previous event at octgon centre- but this was worse)

the somali brother Prince Abdi mashallah he kept the show alive

haha. good job i stayed in uni then.

Jeff Mirza was not the best....

Don't just do something! Stand there.

"Noor" wrote:
in your opinion.

nah... i thought i'd giv someone else's opinion cos i love doing things like that :roll:

all this eye-rolling is making me dizzy, I'll just stick to insulting people's haircuts (Oh wait, Jeff Mirza already did that...)

he's a comedian, his job is to make jokes :roll:

"Noor" wrote:
he's a comedian, his job is to make jokes :roll:

He's a MUSLIM, surely etiquette comes first. There are plenty of BETTER comedians who don't do anything approaching rudeness and making fun of people, and they are a lot funnier too.

...IMO

did he diss you or something lol?

i'm sure nothing was personal ya'qub.

take a joke!

and GET OVER IT!

:roll:

jeff mirza wasnt @ the sheff one

Yeh, got the same feedback, not a good turn out and atmosphere wasnt all that. Sheff ppl dont knw how 2 relax and enjoy themselves. Did they raise much money for the hospital?

I agree with Yaqub, it shouldnt get personal, not every1 can take jokes and some ppl take things 2 heart.

Other thing I disagree with is people publically donating large amounts of money then everyone giving them a round of applause. For me it takes away from some of the goodness of giving charity to publically boast about it. (there are many Quranic verses saying that charity is best to give in secret).

But there is also Hadith about giving in public to encourage others. How much money was raised bro? how many ppl attended?

"Asim qureshi" wrote:
But there is also Hadith about giving in public to encourage others. How much money was raised bro? how many ppl attended?

Twas quite full (no free seats). Dunno the final figure, but at least £2000 was raised publically by show-offs (or 'encouragers')

show-offs? why you judging them ya'qub? if people didn't publicly donate do you really think they would have raised how ever much they did? it's good to give charity openly but Allah swt loves it more when it's done privately. note, nowt wrong with giving openly. only Allah swt knows the niyya of those people so leave it at that.

"Noor" wrote:
show-offs? why you judging them ya'qub? if people didn't publicly donate do you really think they would have raised how ever much they did? it's good to give charity openly but Allah swt loves it more when it's done privately. note, nowt wrong with giving openly. only Allah swt knows the niyya of those people so leave it at that.

i did say 'show-offs or encouragers'.

If people give openly then thats fine, what I objected to was the way the organisers enocurage people to do it openly: 'Who can donate £1000? £500? come on, a few more people THEN we'll serve you dinner etc.'

I felt very uncomfortable with the whole situation.

In my opinion.

yah and if they weren’t encouraged, do you really think someone would have coughed up £1000 just like that? nothing in islam says that this isn't allowed, if someone gave £500 to please the people so that they would say he is so generous then that would have been wrong but we don't no their niyya of the person so we cant say.

anyway, you cant please everyone in life.

it was embarrasing too, when they asked for £1000 no-one spoke, think they had to practically force people for £500

duno how much was raised in total

snoops, you no how the people of sheffield are like. if the gks are not attending, you can pretty much predict the turnout, lol. bliss tells me a lot of people were asking after the rest of the gk clan.

Pages