Islam and plastic surgery - is it allowed or not?
from http://www.therevival.co.uk/forum/general/5381:
[quote=wednesday]What's wrong with a Gastric Band? (Islamically)[/quote]
[quote=You]Is there something wrong with it (islamically)?[/quote]
[quote=ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE][quote=You]Is there something wrong with it (islamically)?[/quote]
dunno, but probably isnt allowed[/quote]
[quote=You]Why not? Islamically things work the other way - they are allowed unless they are banned.[/quote]
[video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XvalGfUr3A]
What are your thoughts on the matter?
Forum
Re: Islam and plastic surgery - is it allowed or not?
TPOS — Mon, 20 Jul 2009 - 03:22
From Tribune:
Re: Islam and plastic surgery - is it allowed or not?
TPOS — Mon, 20 Jul 2009 - 18:06
[/quote]
Just thinking, what kinda surgery would a hermaphrodite have anyway? i mean theyre born as like male but only look like females untill they reach puberty, so why do they need surgery?
Re: Islam and plastic surgery - is it allowed or not?
Ya'qub — Mon, 20 Jul 2009 - 20:35
[quote=ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE]
Just thinking, what kinda surgery would a hermaphrodite have anyway? i mean theyre born as like male but only look like females untill they reach puberty, so why do they need surgery?[/quote]
How and why do you guys know and care about stuff like that???
Iran gives sex-change operations to 'men who are ACTUALLY born into a woman's body' (and vise versa). What this has to do with their proportion of homosexuals (0.00 poofs per 1000 peeps) is unclear.
Re: Islam and plastic surgery - is it allowed or not?
You — Mon, 20 Jul 2009 - 20:41
I don't care. but it was an edge case to show surgery being used. I generally seem to0 take things to an extreme level when making or not making a point.
Re: Islam and plastic surgery - is it allowed or not?
TPOS — Wed, 22 Jul 2009 - 17:03
[quote=Ya'qub]How and why do you guys know and care about stuff like that???[/quote]
😂
How & why i know...
like 2 weeks ago in health n social care someone brought up how they know "someone who is a guy but used to be a girl, but has had no surgery" so then the teacher was like he must b a hephradite and she found out more info on them. it was quite embarrasing and awkward cuz when she was telling us a boy walked in! lol
and no it wasnt really relevant to the lesson but we always seem to go way off topic after something *vaguely* related is mentioned.
i dont care, i just ddnt see the relevance of it being mentioned :S.
Anyway who do u agree with, me or You? (everyone else can answer that too)
Re: Islam and plastic surgery - is it allowed or not?
TPOS — Thu, 24 Jun 2010 - 17:12
What kind of artificial things were you talking about? that are allowed?
[woah! that post is bright!]
Re: Islam and plastic surgery - is it allowed or not?
TPOS — Fri, 21 Oct 2011 - 19:23
I was looking for this the other day
I think I understand the answer to my above my Q (thanks for answering it admin(!) lol)
Re: Islam and plastic surgery - is it allowed or not?
The Lamp — Mon, 24 Oct 2011 - 11:42
Power, please don't have surgery, I'm sure you look lovely as you are.
Btw, I'm sorry for your loss.......
Re: Islam and plastic surgery - is it allowed or not?
TPOS — Mon, 24 Oct 2011 - 12:51
[quote=The Lamp]Power, please don't have surgery, I'm sure you look lovely as you are.
Btw, I'm sorry for your loss.......[/quote]
Haha...could u respect my wishes and not talk about my loss publicly. Or at all. Thank you very much.
Re: Islam and plastic surgery - is it allowed or not?
s.b.f — Mon, 24 Oct 2011 - 22:23
Power used to be a boy?
Re: Islam and plastic surgery - is it allowed or not?
The Lamp — Tue, 25 Oct 2011 - 15:49
Nah, it was just banter. Of course I doubt that Power is considering plastic surgery, or at least I hope not!
Power it'll be fine! I promise you! By the way, I've just realised the Libya was liberated on the same day.
Re: Islam and plastic surgery - is it allowed or not?
_Me_ — Tue, 25 Oct 2011 - 18:06
[quote=ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE]from http://www.therevival.co.uk/forum/general/5381:
[quote=wednesday]What's wrong with a Gastric Band? (Islamically)[/quote]
[quote=You]Is there something wrong with it (islamically)?[/quote]
[quote=ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE][quote=You]Is there something wrong with it (islamically)?[/quote]
dunno, but probably isnt allowed[/quote]
[quote=You]Why not? Islamically things work the other way - they are allowed unless they are banned.[/quote]
[video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XvalGfUr3A]
What are your thoughts on the matter?[/quote]
Argh !
Re: Islam and plastic surgery - is it allowed or not?
TPOS — Tue, 25 Oct 2011 - 19:46
[quote=The Lamp]Nah, it was just banter. Of course I doubt that Power is considering plastic surgery, or at least I hope not!
Power it'll be fine! I promise you! By the way, I've just realised the Libya was liberated on the same day.[/quote]
Yeh, plastic surgery is eww! And I'm happy with the way Allah has made me 🙂
thanks for the consoling words but don't worry, I'm sure it'll be better than fine 😉 lol
Re: Islam and plastic surgery - is it allowed or not?
omy (not verified) — Thu, 8 Mar 2012 - 00:20
Is gastric band allowed in Islam as a mean to reduce weight
Re: Islam and plastic surgery - is it allowed or not?
You — Thu, 8 Mar 2012 - 02:02
Islam does not prevent cures for illnesses.
Re: Islam and plastic surgery - is it allowed or not?
TPOS — Thu, 8 Mar 2012 - 15:33
Thats not a proper cure though is it. I'm not talkig about whether it's allows or not, but its actual benefits...
Re: Islam and plastic surgery - is it allowed or not?
You — Thu, 8 Mar 2012 - 16:01
you have to find a reason for it not to be allowed to ban it.
it ahs health benefits other than reducing stomach capacity too - it works as a new entrance for the stomach and helps prevent acid reflux.
There are probably also negatives out there, but i doubt it would be unislamic in nature as I havent come across anything suggesting that.
Re: Islam and plastic surgery - is it allowed or not?
TPOS — Thu, 8 Mar 2012 - 16:52
As I said I wasn't questioning it's permissibility but whether it actually works. I've heard it's not good.
Re: Islam and plastic surgery - is it allowed or not?
king_chaudrey — Fri, 9 Mar 2012 - 11:18
Just came across this video, and thought id share as its related to the topic and not many people are aware of this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3OSIk6Qt34
Re: Islam and plastic surgery - is it allowed or not?
king_chaudrey — Fri, 9 Mar 2012 - 11:18
And regarding the gastric band, wouldn't it be allowed if a persons life was in risk?
Re: Islam and plastic surgery - is it allowed or not?
TPOS — Sun, 11 Mar 2012 - 00:16
You're definitely right. I didn't expect anyone to give a fatwa either 🙂 just perhaps share what they might've heard from shaykhs or have read or like you have, give links to sites like sunnipath 🙂 thanks for those, by the way.
Edit: for those who can't be bothered to open and read the links, plastic surgery is impermissible unless there's an actual problem like a messed up nose which doesn't allow the person to breathe properly.
@Jay K - last link doesn't work.