Probably rugby tackling a guy with a knife in Leeds. It looked like he was either leading his victim along or about to snatch her bag. He got away but fortunately a police van was nearby and they caught him just round the corner with his knife and a number of things that weren't his. I don't think it was foolish and since I was charging from behind the risk was quite low. I've been at greater risk but probably not in the name of bravery, and I've gabbed my way out of (and into) much scarier situations but that's probably the one I would call brave.
[quote=You][quote=Seraphim]Skydiving... altho thats probably more foolish than brave.[/quote]
you actually done it? when? where? How much did it cost? Did you have a camera? were you strapped to someone's back, or were you on your own?[/quote]
About a year or two ago.
It was for charity. My mate organised, and she asked me to do it. I cant remember how much it was exactly (something like £150... but if your doing it for charity and have raised a above a certain amount you can do it for free). I was strapped to an instructor... altho i wanted to go solo (but my friend wouldnt allow it :doubt: ). It was just outside of Birmingham.
[quote=Seraphim][quote=You][quote=Seraphim]Skydiving... altho thats probably more foolish than brave.[/quote]
you actually done it? when? where? How much did it cost? Did you have a camera? were you strapped to someone's back, or were you on your own?[/quote]
About a year or two ago.
It was for charity. My mate organised, and she asked me to do it. I cant remember how much it was exactly (something like £150... but if your doing it for charity and have raised a above a certain amount you can do it for free). I was strapped to an instructor... altho i wanted to go solo (but my friend wouldnt allow it :doubt: ). It was just outside of Birmingham.
There were pictures taken.[/quote]
Now, that is cool. It's not flying, but its falling in style.
when i went on this massive trampoline and i was flung up as high as the third floor of the shopping centre (yes i was in a shopping centre) it was Very embarrasing and Scary - im scared of heights! my aunty more or less forced me to do this thinking it will be "fun" then she saw my face when i was on there and lets just say it was a Kodak moment...
o ye i think it was "brave" cuz i sort of "faced" my fear of heights!
Re: Bravery
You — Mon, 5 Jan 2009 - 17:27
Fable the first.
Re: Bravery
Joie de Vivre — Mon, 5 Jan 2009 - 17:34
Probably rugby tackling a guy with a knife in Leeds. It looked like he was either leading his victim along or about to snatch her bag. He got away but fortunately a police van was nearby and they caught him just round the corner with his knife and a number of things that weren't his. I don't think it was foolish and since I was charging from behind the risk was quite low. I've been at greater risk but probably not in the name of bravery, and I've gabbed my way out of (and into) much scarier situations but that's probably the one I would call brave.
Re: Bravery
You — Mon, 5 Jan 2009 - 17:37
I agree, that is brave indeed.
(the police would probably say foolish though.)
The bravest thing I ever did was probably walk around Leeds with a Man U bag. Not that brave at all.
Re: Bravery
Joie de Vivre — Mon, 5 Jan 2009 - 17:43
I just remembered another good one but this forum's full enough of me being full of myself.
The bravest thing I've seen you do involves site redesigns but I'm sure if you go back enough you'll think of something.
Re: Bravery
You — Mon, 5 Jan 2009 - 17:44
🙂 - you should see some of the pitchforks that came out over the sitedesigns! (well, you probably did.)
I hope so too. It could be that I have never kept track, but I must have done something brave somewhere.
Re: Bravery
_LoLy_ — Mon, 5 Jan 2009 - 18:18
uhm..i think roller coaster...:lol:
Re: Bravery
Seraphim — Mon, 5 Jan 2009 - 18:28
Skydiving... altho thats probably more foolish than brave.
Re: Bravery
_LoLy_ — Mon, 5 Jan 2009 - 18:36
[quote=Seraphim]Skydiving... altho thats probably more foolish than brave.[/quote]
is not foolish!
i think i'll never do it...but never say never...
😉
Re: Bravery
You — Mon, 5 Jan 2009 - 18:37
[quote=Seraphim]Skydiving... altho thats probably more foolish than brave.[/quote]
you actually done it? when? where? How much did it cost? Did you have a camera? were you strapped to someone's back, or were you on your own?
Re: Bravery
_LoLy_ — Mon, 5 Jan 2009 - 18:40
[quote=You][quote=Seraphim]Skydiving... altho thats probably more foolish than brave.[/quote]
you actually done it? when? where? How much did it cost? Did you have a camera? were you strapped to someone's back, or were you on your own?[/quote]
wait!..you seem a paparazzo!
😂
(joke.. 😉 )
Re: Bravery
Seraphim — Mon, 5 Jan 2009 - 18:41
[quote=You][quote=Seraphim]Skydiving... altho thats probably more foolish than brave.[/quote]
you actually done it? when? where? How much did it cost? Did you have a camera? were you strapped to someone's back, or were you on your own?[/quote]
About a year or two ago.
It was for charity. My mate organised, and she asked me to do it. I cant remember how much it was exactly (something like £150... but if your doing it for charity and have raised a above a certain amount you can do it for free). I was strapped to an instructor... altho i wanted to go solo (but my friend wouldnt allow it :doubt: ). It was just outside of Birmingham.
There were pictures taken.
Re: Bravery
You — Mon, 5 Jan 2009 - 18:40
[quote=_LoLy_]uhm..i think roller coaster...:lol:[/quote]
I guess it depends on how safe the ride is?
Re: Bravery
You — Mon, 5 Jan 2009 - 18:41
[quote=Seraphim][quote=You][quote=Seraphim]Skydiving... altho thats probably more foolish than brave.[/quote]
you actually done it? when? where? How much did it cost? Did you have a camera? were you strapped to someone's back, or were you on your own?[/quote]
About a year or two ago.
It was for charity. My mate organised, and she asked me to do it. I cant remember how much it was exactly (something like £150... but if your doing it for charity and have raised a above a certain amount you can do it for free). I was strapped to an instructor... altho i wanted to go solo (but my friend wouldnt allow it :doubt: ). It was just outside of Birmingham.
There were pictures taken.[/quote]
Now, that is cool. It's not flying, but its falling in style.
Re: Bravery
Seraphim — Mon, 5 Jan 2009 - 18:43
[quote=_LoLy_][quote=You][quote=Seraphim]Skydiving... altho thats probably more foolish than brave.[/quote]
you actually done it? when? where? How much did it cost? Did you have a camera? were you strapped to someone's back, or were you on your own?[/quote]
wait!..you seem a paparazzo!
😂
(joke.. 😉 )[/quote]
lol i think you mean paparazzi
Re: Bravery
_LoLy_ — Mon, 5 Jan 2009 - 18:44
[quote=You][quote=_LoLy_]uhm..i think roller coaster...:lol:[/quote]
I guess it depends on how safe the ride is?[/quote]
ohm..i don't know..i think i did it in a moment of craziness...i feel dizzy!
Re: Bravery
_LoLy_ — Mon, 5 Jan 2009 - 18:45
[quote=Seraphim][quote=_LoLy_][quote=You][quote=Seraphim]Skydiving... altho thats probably more foolish than brave.[/quote]
you actually done it? when? where? How much did it cost? Did you have a camera? were you strapped to someone's back, or were you on your own?[/quote]
wait!..you seem a paparazzo!
😂
(joke.. 😉 )[/quote]
lol i think you mean paparazzi[/quote]
yep!...i wrote it in italian..sorry.. 😛
Re: Bravery
Seraphim — Mon, 5 Jan 2009 - 18:45
[quote=You]
Now, that is cool. It's not flying, but its falling in style.[/quote]
Lol, you know me: im all about the extreme sports.
Re: Bravery
Dawud — Mon, 5 Jan 2009 - 20:46
[quote=Seraphim][quote=You]
Now, that is cool. It's not flying, but its falling in style.[/quote]
Lol, you know me: im all about the extreme sports.[/quote]
Do you...iron?
Re: Bravery
Ya'qub — Mon, 5 Jan 2009 - 20:47
Quitting uni?
Re: Bravery
You — Mon, 5 Jan 2009 - 20:52
Did that take positive action or did you sort of stop attending?
Re: Bravery
Ya'qub — Mon, 5 Jan 2009 - 20:59
[quote=You]Did that take positive action or did you sort of stop attending?[/quote]
LOL, I'm not You! I withdrew officially! (after sort of stop attending for a week 😃 )
Re: Bravery
Ya'qub — Mon, 5 Jan 2009 - 21:18
[quote=wednesday]
*Ya'qub, quiting Uni was brave? :P[/quote]
Yeah! I had to get a job and EVERYTHING! Uni was like a comfort blanket. A comfort blanket full of fitna.
Quitting enabled me to (try to) become a Muslim.
Re: Bravery
Ya'qub — Mon, 5 Jan 2009 - 21:21
[quote=wednesday]And returning to Uni, is that brave too?[/quote]
Either that, or silly.
I dunno!
At least I'm going for the right reason now. I hope.
Re: Bravery
Seraphim — Mon, 5 Jan 2009 - 22:15
[quote=Dawud]Do you...iron?[/quote]
Occasionally
Re: Bravery
Dawud — Mon, 5 Jan 2009 - 23:05
[quote=Seraphim][quote=Dawud]Do you...iron?[/quote]
Occasionally[/quote]
Like this?
[img]http://eib2.phpwebhosting.com/modules/Gallery/albums/ReadersIrons/ei.jp…]
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=extreme+ironing&meta=
Re: Bravery
_LoLy_ — Mon, 5 Jan 2009 - 23:51
[quote=Dawud][quote=Seraphim][quote=Dawud]Do you...iron?[/quote]
Occasionally[/quote]
Like this?
[img]http://eib2.phpwebhosting.com/modules/Gallery/albums/ReadersIrons/ei.jp…]
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=extreme+ironing&meta=[/quote]
ahahaha.. 😂
astonishing!
xD
Re: Bravery
Seraphim — Tue, 6 Jan 2009 - 09:15
[quote=Dawud][quote=Seraphim][quote=Dawud]Do you...iron?[/quote]
Occasionally[/quote]
Like this?
[img]http://eib2.phpwebhosting.com/modules/Gallery/albums/ReadersIrons/ei.jp…]
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=extreme+ironing&meta=[/quote]
eer no. I actually wear my clothes as i iron them 😃
Re: Bravery
Naz — Tue, 6 Jan 2009 - 10:56
Climbed a mountain wearing flip flops and a skirt. Not really bravery but rather stupidity. OMG never again lol.
Re: Bravery
You — Sat, 10 Jan 2009 - 23:30
If this video is legit, that girl/woman is very courageous indeed.
[video:http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SQyIKyd2gqA]
Re: Bravery
TPOS — Sun, 11 Jan 2009 - 12:09
when i went on this massive trampoline and i was flung up as high as the third floor of the shopping centre (yes i was in a shopping centre) it was Very embarrasing and Scary - im scared of heights! my aunty more or less forced me to do this thinking it will be "fun" then she saw my face when i was on there and lets just say it was a Kodak moment...
o ye i think it was "brave" cuz i sort of "faced" my fear of heights!
Pagination