But you Mr Admin come home and forget about work whereas we (students) come home and have to do our homework/coursework/revise for exams so there's less stress for you guys....and you're getting paid so stop winging π
Everyone have a happy paid day off work on monday! Woohoo!
what you lot are students? welkl you get enough days off as it is...
[/quote]
That's coz we do extra work, uni work is equivalent to double, plus if your workin part-time then its even more tough hence we deserve days off which shud also be paid, neway i aint workin so dont really care but freedom wont last for long, after sis's wedin i'll be skint, so gona have to look for job in 3 weeks time π’
[quote="Muslim Bro"][quote="Angel"]...so gona have to look for job in 3 weeks time :sad:[/quote]
Feel sorry for ya, been looking for a part-time job for 2 years and haven't found one....yet.[/quote]
I have had one for the past 2 years (2 diff jobs, first one was sales, 2nd one was cust. serv.) decided to quit in march as they expected me to do 6-11pm which was a no-no coz of uni and they wanted me to give up my weekends too. So i thot stuff it, jobs come and go.
I have expereince so finding a job just to keep me going over summer shouldnt be a problem inshallah.
I remember hearing this discussion on the asian network about asians who felt they were discriminated against coz of their desi names. One woman said when i went to my interview the manager said I was expecting a pakistani woman with her head covered. The woman replied i'm Indian, and not all pakistani women cover their heads and wear long garments. This woman had short bobbed hair and donned a short skirt.
This same woman related another situation. She was working at a call centre, the manager told her to change her name from Sonita to Susan or Sarah. She asked why? He said don't get offended but you'll get more attention from them using these names, trust me. She tried it, and she got more sales as a result.
That's one example. But if you're the best candidate there, you have the best qualifications, experience and character do you really think you'll get rejected on the grounds of your culture, race, gender or just a name? I'm kinder sceptical I duno.
Yeah I think I'm not getting any work because of my name (my parents keep bothering me and say that I can't find a job because I'm lazy). I've been looking for work for some time now but get rejected or ignored every single time. I'm still studying so inshallah in a few years time will have a degree. The thing is employers look for experience, but if nobody is willing to give me work how am I supposed to get experience.
Im gonna buy a kitten for my her when she comes over. Kittens are cute.
Then I'll take my kunya as Abu Hurayrah π .
Jumu'ah Mubarak, Eid Mubarak, Ramadan Mubarak, Shab e Baraat Mubarak, Eid MiladunNabi salallahu alayhi wa sallam Mubarak, Karbala Mubarak etc etc. are all commonly said.
Anonymous (not verified) β Sat, 24 Jun 2006 - 15:21
[quote="Med"]Im gonna buy a kitten for my her when she comes over. Kittens are cute.
Then I'll take my kunya as Abu Hurayrah π .
Jumu'ah Mubarak, Eid Mubarak, Ramadan Mubarak, Shab e Baraat Mubarak, Eid MiladunNabi salallahu alayhi wa sallam Mubarak, Karbala Mubarak etc etc. are all commonly said.[/quote]
SubhaanβAllah brother- you have given me an ideaβ¦...
Juma Mubarak!
You β Fri, 26 May 2006 - 19:23
You seem cheery!
To add to that
Everyone have a happy paid day off work on monday! Woohoo!
what you lot are students? welkl you get enough days off as it is...
(it is a rotten thing if you're working for an agency though...)
Juma Mubarak!
MuslimBro β Fri, 26 May 2006 - 23:19
But you Mr Admin come home and forget about work whereas we (students) come home and have to do our homework/coursework/revise for exams so there's less stress for you guys....and you're getting paid so stop winging π
Juma Mubarak!
You β Fri, 26 May 2006 - 23:54
I aint whinging. Just ribbing it in. Well trying to anyway...
Juma Mubarak!
Angel β Sat, 27 May 2006 - 00:15
[quote="Admin"]You seem cheery!
To add to that
Everyone have a happy paid day off work on monday! Woohoo!
what you lot are students? welkl you get enough days off as it is...
[/quote]
That's coz we do extra work, uni work is equivalent to double, plus if your workin part-time then its even more tough hence we deserve days off which shud also be paid, neway i aint workin so dont really care but freedom wont last for long, after sis's wedin i'll be skint, so gona have to look for job in 3 weeks time π’
Juma Mubarak!
MuslimBro β Sat, 27 May 2006 - 00:45
[quote="Angel"]...so gona have to look for job in 3 weeks time :sad:[/quote]
Feel sorry for ya, been looking for a part-time job for 2 years and haven't found one....yet.
Juma Mubarak!
Angel β Sat, 27 May 2006 - 00:53
[quote="Muslim Bro"][quote="Angel"]...so gona have to look for job in 3 weeks time :sad:[/quote]
Feel sorry for ya, been looking for a part-time job for 2 years and haven't found one....yet.[/quote]
I have had one for the past 2 years (2 diff jobs, first one was sales, 2nd one was cust. serv.) decided to quit in march as they expected me to do 6-11pm which was a no-no coz of uni and they wanted me to give up my weekends too. So i thot stuff it, jobs come and go.
I have expereince so finding a job just to keep me going over summer shouldnt be a problem inshallah.
Juma Mubarak!
MuslimBro β Sat, 27 May 2006 - 14:17
Is it just me or has anyone realised that people with 'Muslim' names, such as Mohammed find it hard to get jobs.
Juma Mubarak!
You β Sat, 27 May 2006 - 18:05
If you think that's hard, try sending in a cv with the name as 'admin'!
:twisted:
(Kidding.)
I really have no idea.
Juma Mubarak!
yashmaki β Sat, 27 May 2006 - 18:54
well have you had problems like that Muslimbro?
I remember hearing this discussion on the asian network about asians who felt they were discriminated against coz of their desi names. One woman said when i went to my interview the manager said I was expecting a pakistani woman with her head covered. The woman replied i'm Indian, and not all pakistani women cover their heads and wear long garments. This woman had short bobbed hair and donned a short skirt.
This same woman related another situation. She was working at a call centre, the manager told her to change her name from Sonita to Susan or Sarah. She asked why? He said don't get offended but you'll get more attention from them using these names, trust me. She tried it, and she got more sales as a result.
That's one example. But if you're the best candidate there, you have the best qualifications, experience and character do you really think you'll get rejected on the grounds of your culture, race, gender or just a name? I'm kinder sceptical I duno.
Juma Mubarak!
MuslimBro β Sat, 27 May 2006 - 22:48
Yeah I think I'm not getting any work because of my name (my parents keep bothering me and say that I can't find a job because I'm lazy). I've been looking for work for some time now but get rejected or ignored every single time. I'm still studying so inshallah in a few years time will have a degree. The thing is employers look for experience, but if nobody is willing to give me work how am I supposed to get experience.
Juma Mubarak!
Sirus β Sun, 28 May 2006 - 19:51
[quote="Admin"]
Everyone have a happy paid day off work on monday! Woohoo!
what you lot are students? welkl you get enough days off as it is...
(it is a rotten thing if you're working for an agency though...)[/quote]
pal.....its holidays, some of students have the whole next few months off!
beat that
Re: Juma Mubarak!
100man β Fri, 2 Jun 2006 - 13:22
Juma Mubarak!
Shabbat Shalom!
π
Juma Mubarak!
The Great 100 β Fri, 9 Jun 2006 - 21:50
Hakuna Matata!
Juma Mubarak!
You β Fri, 9 Jun 2006 - 21:52
Is that from the Jungle Book? (or more accurately another language, and those words used in the Jungle Book...)
For the life of me I can remember the tune of the song, but cannot remember what it means.
Juma Mubarak!
*DUST* β Sun, 11 Jun 2006 - 00:09
[quote="Admin"]Is that from the Jungle Book? (or more accurately another language, and those words used in the Jungle Book...)
For the life of me I can remember the tune of the song, but cannot remember what it means.[/quote]
Lion King - Pumba.
'it means no worries...'
Juma Mubarak!
Sirus β Sun, 11 Jun 2006 - 18:48
for the rest of your days....its our problem free...philosophy......hakuna matata!
hakuna...matata....hakuna..matata....hakuna...matata.....aweeeeeeeeeee wumba wumba way, back me up pumba....
pumba...
pumba...?
arrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhh :shock:
(nala chases pumba and timon)
Juma Mubarak!
*DUST* β Mon, 12 Jun 2006 - 09:50
π
what, did u watch it like 7 times or something?!
π
Juma Mubarak!
The Great 100 β Fri, 16 Jun 2006 - 12:41
[img]http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/8875/leroilion3c6no.jpg[/img]
I'm not here for a few days so Juma Mubarak and Shabbat Shalom!
Juma Mubarak!
The Great 100 β Fri, 23 Jun 2006 - 13:35
[img]http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/3348/catcutie1rl.jpg[/img]
[color=blue]Shabbat Shalom!
Juma Mubarak![/color]
Juma Mubarak!
*DUST* β Fri, 23 Jun 2006 - 20:51
aww π are u a cat lover too 100?
Juma Mubarak!
MuslimBro β Fri, 23 Jun 2006 - 20:57
That reminds me...we had a cat once who used to use my bro's bed as their toilet so we got rid of it.
Does anyone here have a cat?
Juma Mubarak!
Angel β Fri, 23 Jun 2006 - 23:04
I wanted one but my dad's alergic to them, so can't have one.
That kitty in the pic is soo adorable, bless!
Juma Mubarak!
Dave β Fri, 23 Jun 2006 - 23:11
Is Juma Mubarak something Muslims actually say?
I know Jews will say Shabbat Shalom on the Sabbath (or before it if they do not think they will see that person again until after the Sabbath)
Juma Mubarak!
MuslimBro β Fri, 23 Jun 2006 - 23:22
Jumma is the friday prayer but I haven't heard Muslims say Juma Mubarak.
Juma Mubarak!
MuslimSisLilSis β Sat, 24 Jun 2006 - 15:05
eid mubarak is more commonaly used than Jummah Mubarak
only some muslims say jummah mubarak
Juma Mubarak!
Medarris β Sat, 24 Jun 2006 - 15:08
Im gonna buy a kitten for my her when she comes over. Kittens are cute.
Then I'll take my kunya as Abu Hurayrah π .
Jumu'ah Mubarak, Eid Mubarak, Ramadan Mubarak, Shab e Baraat Mubarak, Eid MiladunNabi salallahu alayhi wa sallam Mubarak, Karbala Mubarak etc etc. are all commonly said.
Juma Mubarak!
Beast β Sat, 24 Jun 2006 - 15:16
Are you sure about Karbala [i]Mubarak[/i]?
Juma Mubarak!
Medarris β Sat, 24 Jun 2006 - 15:18
It has been heard.
Juma Mubarak!
Beast β Sat, 24 Jun 2006 - 15:19
In what context?
Juma Mubarak!
Anonymous (not verified) β Sat, 24 Jun 2006 - 15:21
[quote="Med"]Im gonna buy a kitten for my her when she comes over. Kittens are cute.
Then I'll take my kunya as Abu Hurayrah π .
Jumu'ah Mubarak, Eid Mubarak, Ramadan Mubarak, Shab e Baraat Mubarak, Eid MiladunNabi salallahu alayhi wa sallam Mubarak, Karbala Mubarak etc etc. are all commonly said.[/quote]
SubhaanβAllah brother- you have given me an ideaβ¦...
Pagination