HW vs. G&T

[color=red]Hard Workers: [/color] | [color=blue]Gifted and Talented Pupils: [/color]

[color=red]Know the answers[/color] | [color=blue]Ask the questions[/color]

[color=red]Have good ideas[/color] | [color=blue]Are highly curious[/color]

[color=red]Are attentive[/color] | [color=blue]Ideas can seem wild/silly/unusual[/color]

[color=red]Answer the questions[/color] | [color=blue]Often play around but work is done[/color]

[color=red]Listen with interest[/color] | [color=blue]Can be completely engrossed[/color]

[color=red]Learn easily[/color] | [color=blue]Want to discuss in details, elaborate[/color]

[color=red]Understand ideas[/color] | [color=blue]Show strong feelings and opinions[/color]
[/color]
[color=red]Enjoy peer group[/color] | [color=blue]Often already knows or is intuitive[/color]

[color=red]Grasp the meaning[/color] | [color=blue]Draw inferences[/color]

[color=red]Complete the work set[/color] |[color=blue] Want to initiate projects [/color]

[color=red]Are receptive[/color] | [color=blue]Construct abstractions[/color]

[color=red]Work accurately[/color] |[color=blue] Enjoy creating new designs/ideas[/color]

[color=red]Usually enjoy school[/color] | [color=blue]Enjoy learning[/color]

[color=red]Absorb information[/color] | [color=blue]Manipulate information[/color]

[color=red]Are “technicians” [/color] |[color=blue] Are “inventors” [/color]

[color=red]Are good memorizers[/color] | [color=blue]Are good guessers[/color]

[color=red]Enjoy sequential presentations[/color] | [color=blue]Thrive on complex presentations[/color]

[color=red]Are alert/aware[/color] | [color=blue]Are keenly observant[/color]

[color=purple] DISCUSS [/color]

Hard work Vs Talent: Hard work wins.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

it's just a funny little list.

I love the fact we can edit now Biggrin Than you You!

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Lilly wrote:

?

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
Lilly wrote:

?

check a forum topic you created, you can now edit them (the title etc..)

You wrote:
Hard work Vs Talent: Hard work wins.

Indeed!

i guess the "vs" is misleading. Because most hardworkers in one subject will be G&T in another and viceversa.

and most G&T's are hardworkers.

this might just be a list made by adults to create competition between students. one of Education's main role according to sociologists: making kids compete to be able to identity best achievers, who will, eventually, get the best jobs, more money and be at the top.

Not that, I think it is a lovely list of the strengths you could attribute loosely to "type A" (conformist; obedient) and "type B" (unaffected; rebellious) personalities specifically so as to level the playing field. Generally these types are most comfortable around their own and in work, social and family domains there is conflict. Whereas this list shows everyone has something to offer. Educators need to know that.

• It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

Lilly wrote:
Lilly wrote:

?

(erm u could do that anyway? :S)

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Lilly wrote:
Lilly wrote:

?

(erm u could do that anyway? :S)

Im going to shut up...right about NOW