Blind imam killed after morning prayers in Finsbury Park

A blind imam who died in suspicious circumstances at a mosque in north London was killed after taking morning prayers, it has emerged.

The religious leader, understood to be Sheikh Maymoun Zarzour, was found at the Muslim Welfare House in Seven Sisters Road, Finsbury Park, on Friday.

A man was arrested at the scene on suspicion of murder. A post-mortem examination is being arranged.

The Metropolitan Police said it was not believed to be a faith hate crime.

Officers believe the suspect attended the mosque.

Read more @

Tags: 

Ok, heard about this on eid day i think. Well many have had different reports coming in from different sources. Apart from the death, and the person who turned himself in i can't verify what i've heard to be true.

Last night there were these messages being posted all over social networking sites and that's where i heard it from. So yeah....apparently after the fajr salat an algerian brother requested to speak with the imam, so the imam invited him to his office. It turned out the guy wanted ruqqiyah to be performed on him and the imam agreed to it.

They had been in the office for some time now, so security went up to check what was taking so long. The imam said everything's fine and told the security to go home he'll be fine. Hours later the imam was found dead, it's believed he was strangled to death.

Also should add, people have also mentioned that the imam would cry after salat the night before this took place which he usually never did. (don't if it's of any relevance).

Once again don't know how much is true. I found it interesting and thought i'd share.

Assalamu alaikum Biggrin

Lets reunite the ummah under one flag LA ILAHA IL ALLAH MUHAMMADUR RASULULLAH

heard the same. minus the crying bit

"Verily, in the remembrance of Allah, do hearts find rest"

That's horrible. May Allah grant him paradise,ameen.
What's ruqqiyah?

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
That's horrible. May Allah grant him paradise,ameen.
What's ruqqiyah?

Ameen. Its recitation of the Quran on someone to cure black magic, other diseases etc.

"Verily, in the remembrance of Allah, do hearts find rest"

Oh is that what it's called. Thanks

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

You have to be very evil to kill a blind man,

May Allah rest his soul

My English is not very good

or insane.

Rumours are the suspected murder had mental issues.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
or insane.

Rumours are the suspected murder had mental issues.

Ok- but that should not be used as an excuse, if he had the understanding of going to the mosque and praying then he should also have the understanding that Allah say if you kill or harm one person you have killed or harmed the whole world or something along those lines

My English is not very good