40% (130 votes)
Occasionally
44% (143 votes)
During Ramadan
2% (8 votes)
Only after a lecture about death
13% (43 votes)
Total votes: 324

Who thinks about this everyday? Any advices?

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Be miserable and its probably a lot more on your mind?

but that is not a healthy way to be.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Remembering death every day doesn't make one miserable, just helps you prepare for it and stay away from sin.

Remembering death often = Smile

Lets reunite the ummah under one flag LA ILAHA IL ALLAH MUHAMMADUR RASULULLAH

Foysol89 wrote:
Remembering death every day doesn't make one miserable, just helps you prepare for it and stay away from sin.

Surely that only works if the reminder of death spurs u on to act in the remaining time we have left.
It is also possible 2 use death as an excuse not to put any value on this life (i.e. misery)

i remember death everyday hard not to since my mum passed away.

sometimes im miserable even bitter about it (yes i know i shouldn't be), but most of the time its a positive force, makes me realize how short life is, and how important it is to use the time wisely.

Good way to remember death everyday, i would imagine, make the masjid know ur available should anyone pass away to help clean the body, say you wish to learn. That will definitely change your outlook on life for the better.

visit the graveyard, particularly men could go after jumma salat as a habit. (women can go too)

Visit the sick, if you dont know anyone you can volunteer whenever you have an hour free, the hospital is a good place terminally ill kids for example?

“O my people! Truly, this life of the world is nothing but a (quick passing) enjoyment, and verily, the hereafter that is the home that will remain forever.” [Ghafir : 39]

Hajjar wrote:
i remember death everyday hard not to since my mum passed away.

sometimes im miserable even bitter about it (yes i know i shouldn't be), but most of the time its a positive force, makes me realize how short life is, and how important it is to use the time wisely.

Good way to remember death everyday, i would imagine, make the masjid know ur available should anyone pass away to help clean the body, say you wish to learn. That will definitely change your outlook on life for the better.

visit the graveyard, particularly men could go after jumma salat as a habit. (women can go too)

Visit the sick, if you dont know anyone you can volunteer whenever you have an hour free, the hospital is a good place terminally ill kids for example?

visiting stangers' sick kids?
is that even legal?

Ya'qub wrote:
Foysol89 wrote:

Surely that only works if the reminder of death spurs u on to act in the remaining time we have left.
It is also possible 2 use death as an excuse not to put any value on this life (i.e. misery)

Isnt that more the case when someone doesnt believe in the afterlife?

I have to agree with Foysol on this one

"Verily, in the remembrance of Allah, do hearts find rest"

bilan wrote:
Ya'qub wrote:
Foysol89 wrote:

Isnt that more the case when someone doesnt believe in the afterlife?

I have to agree with Foysol on this one

What about a person who believes in the afterlife and thinks they are destined for hellfire?

I know about the lowering the wing of fear and raising the wing of hope etc but surely it takes someone who is VERY sure of themselves to think "when i die i'm going to Paradise so woooooo yehhhhh i can't wait to die"

@Ya'qub, that's exactly the point. Nobody should think i can't wait to die and go jannah, cause nobody in their right mind thinks they've done 'enough'. So that's why i'm saying it should urge you to 'fix up'! When you think of death it SHOULD make you act sooner rather than later and if you thought of death often you wouldn't have time for procrastinating.

Foysol89 wrote:
@Ya'qub, that's exactly the point. Nobody should think i can't wait to die and go jannah, cause nobody in their right mind thinks they've done 'enough'. So that's why i'm saying it should urge you to 'fix up'! When you think of death it SHOULD make you act sooner rather than later and if you thought of death often you wouldn't have time for procrastinating.

Yeh i agree obv. we are advised to remember death frequently; my point was more how we approach the remembrance of death makes a difference to the effect it has on us.
Despairing about death would still count as thinking about it, but wouldn't necessarily lead us to success.

yep, saying "thinking about death" isnt very helpful...

thinking about short time we have left. thinking about how we arent ready for it.

"life is all about death" boooya! LOL

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

I think of death a lot, but I don't really believe in it.

Believe in what? death?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

I don't believe I'm gonna die and yet we all die it's weird it's just like I can't really think of living forever in eternity I can't really believe in the fact I'm gonna die I suppose we all feel that. It's like my small brain cant think or accept these indisputable facts and at the same time I know or rather believe them to be totally real and true

It really is hard to think tht one day you'll stop doing the things that you take for granted. We just assume we will wake up the next morning or survive the day to go to bed at night. To think that all of this will come to a stop one day is just mind blowing and at times rlly something that I cant comprehend. Same for the grave... Not knowing which way things will go..so scary. It makes me want to run in the opposite direction and never stop. Keep thinking about it..Makes me think I can understand why people sometimes don't believe cos..its just so much for the mind to take in.

"Verily, in the remembrance of Allah, do hearts find rest"

Ya'qub wrote:

my point was more how we approach the remembrance of death

Carry a balloon saying death. You can attach it to yourself by various means.

s.b.f wrote:

Carry a balloon

What if it pops?

My English is not very good

lollywood wrote:
s.b.f wrote:

Carry a balloon

What if it pops?

get a badge.

Lilly wrote:
lollywood wrote:
s.b.f wrote:

Carry a balloon

What if it pops?

get a badge.

badges pop balloons

You could write a reminder on your phone and use it as a wallpaper?

Like: "YOU'RE GONNA DIE" Wink

Its not that you weill die that is important, but how you use that to regulate your life.

Just like a member questioned about concerts and how if you do live such a good life, would a concert be a place you would want your life to end, as the place you are remembered for dying in.

Its also to give a degree of ... calmness so that when people get too materialisitc and argue over the smallest things, they know that they will not have that thing forever.

Its to help you regulate yourself.

On the ther hand if you are thinking about death otherwise, it may be an unhealthy thing.

I imagine people close to me dying and how I would react etc.

That's weird, isn't it?

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Natural fears playing themselves.

It is how people learn to cope with their fears and know how to act when things go wrong - by replaying their worst fears, especially in dreams and nightmares.

You wrote:
Natural fears playing themselves.

It is how people learn to cope with their fears and know how to act when things go wrong - by replaying their worst fears, especially in dreams and nightmares.

replaying?

But in those situations you are so overcome with emotion that whatever happens, happens. It's really not something you can practice for or anything.

Although, in my head I put myself through a number of different emotions...

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Do not feel sorry, except for something that will harm you tomorrow (on the Day of Judgment), nor feel delight for something that will make you sorry tomorrow. The best type of fear is that which prevents you from committing sins, lengthens your grief for what you have missed (time not in the obedience of Allah), and directs you to contemplate the rest of your life. —’Abdullah b. Khubaiq

so badges win, but stickers are fun too.

i like teh wallpaper, can you imagine someone looking at your phone and seeing that wallpower? ROFL!

the closest i got to seeing a lvoed one die is reading the death of the prophet (pbuh in sealed nectar.

Lilly wrote:

i like teh wallpaper, can you imagine someone looking at your phone and seeing that wallpower? ROFL!

???

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
Lilly wrote:

???

Fboy's comment. "YOU'RE GONNA DIE" wallpaper

I used to have a wallpaper on my phone that "LOWER YOUR GAZE" Smile

Hahahaha it actually works as a reminder, especially if you're like me and you look at your phone like every 5 minutes.

Foysol89 wrote:
every 5 minutes.

closer to 5 seconds for me. my phone is my saviour.

if i'm at the crossing and the little red man is here but everyone is crossing and im just standing there because im too tired to trust myslf to cross in this manner, so as not to look like a wuss I get my phone out and look like "oh, finally a moment where ican look at my phone... until the little green man comes, great! ido NOT want to be crossing right now..no no no no..."

Im not a wuss, just a weakling. sometimes you gotta ACT like a wuss when you're a weakling. not that i have accepted being a weakling, but there's some stuff you just cant be in denial of, like.. HOW I CAN SHOOT THREE POINERS Cray 2

Pages