Do you give Admin permission to destroy 'tribune' (chat)?

Yes
52% (34 votes)
NO!
18% (12 votes)
This Q was not worth a poll
29% (19 votes)
Total votes: 65
Tags: 

This only concerns some users, but basically admin needs to update the site to be able to use new technology - this may mean no tribune.

Yeah, he more than likely will just make up his own mind and do whatever he wants, but the answer from this poll may make it feel like we had a choice and an impact on his decision Blum 3

I have voted yes.

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Deleted*

Lets reunite the ummah under one flag LA ILAHA IL ALLAH MUHAMMADUR RASULULLAH

Because there comes a time when change is needed...you need to move on...get a life! Blum 3 LOL

Besides, I thought PMs can be used as an alternative, if you really need it. And the forums.

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Deleted*

yh listen to Jim Bob!!!

u changed ur tune feefs! i knew theyd get to u in the end tut tut!

looks like this is a job for us die hards Jim Bob! Wink

@admin dnt u get rid of tribby. u knw for a wise guy, u dnt value the sanctity of life ya knw! and ill leave u to get the hidden meaning behind tht (wise guy) Blum 3

"Verily, in the remembrance of Allah, do hearts find rest"

Lol !!

No, I still love my tribune but sometimes its best to let your love go Blum 3

thats a whole loada bullcrap and u knw it!

Nooooo!

It's a necessary evil, for the greater good!

you....sicken me!

Deleted*

Jazakallah khair for the post and the evidence given.

That is what i thought too not long ago but there are many different opinions on this and im just not sure which is correct.

Obviously if it is haram then i will insha allah accept it and avoid doing so in the future.

I will refrain from it for now but i still need a bit more clarification.

If anyone can help than please do and i need evidence please.

Islam does not require total segregation, just modesty. The bazaars of Madinah at the time of the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) were not segregated. There was no apartheid on the streets either.

The evidence in the above post/answer also suggests that but then the concluder concludes too much from the evidence.

As long as modesty is maintained, that is the main thing. Beyond that, men and women ARE allowed to communicate. and that communication being in public is better than being in private.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Foysol89 wrote:
Deleted*

why?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

cuz he's an FBI now?

You wrote:
Foysol89 wrote:
Deleted*

why?

Cause i cancelled my vote and im just sitting on the fence now. It's for the sake of Allah insha allah.

I'm still not convinced with either argument. Im in doubt :/

Jazakallah khair. Will do

tribune.
i didnt know what it was. i think it should be called CHAT, or LIVE TALK.
lots of people just dont know what it is.

Ayatollah rightly named America as "Great Satan".

i like the fact that its called tribune and not chat. but im reducing my amount.

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Muslimeen wrote:
Foysol89 wrote:
Jazakallah khair for the post and the evidence given.

That is what i thought too not long ago but there are many different opinions on this and im just not sure which is correct.

Obviously if it is haram then i will insha allah accept it and avoid doing so in the future.

I will refrain from it for now but i still need a bit more clarification.

If anyone can help than please do and i need evidence please.

Don't be in doubt brother, doubt is from shaitaan, and the normal principle advised upon is "When in doubt, leave out". It won't kill you not to chat, but it will certainly hurt your spiritual development to be doing something doubtful which may actually be haraam.

Remember shaitaan always starts things innocently, it's one of his tactics, then develops it into something very evil.

I remember recently on radio, a lady called in to ask the mufti on a Q & A program if she could divorce her husband to marry his best friend. It all began on fishing trips where they took their wives along and soon she found out she was more attracted to her husbands friend than her husband. Her husband in turn was more attracted to his friends wife than to his own wife. So they were in this big predicament as to what they should do. All began very innocently, who would be against taking their wife on a fishing trip??

So be aware of shaitaans treachery, he is the master of deception. I am sure you are already quite addicted to chatting. A word of caution, stay away from anything that is addictive, drugs, alcohol, chatting anything that is addictive, clouds your judgement. You start to look for ways to justify it, when that happens no amount of proof will be able to persuade the way you think, it has this strong driving force that pulls you towards it. I know cos I was addicted to internet chat, have broke myself away from it about 2 yrs ago, it was like breaking away from drug addiction

Jazakallah khair for taking your time out to post this.

Just wanted to say i allready know all this but like you said we start making excuses for ourself.

May Allah guide us all. Ameen

Hmmmm, i have 2 say i agree with FBI....personally (and from all the evidence i've heard) it isn't permissible for the opposite genders 2 talk, wether it is face 2 face or over the internet... If it was allowed then how comes its not permissible 2 'become friends' with the opposite gender on 'muslim matrimonial' websites?

Although having said all that above...i'm gonna miss the tribune (even though i didnt go on it much!):(

"That's the thing about pain. It demands to be felt" - Augustus Waters

I think I need to touch on the broad topic of gender contact instead of focussing on Tribune alone.

Muslimeen wrote:
Don't be in doubt brother, doubt is from shaitaan, and the normal principle advised upon is "When in doubt, leave out". It won't kill you not to chat, but it will certainly hurt your spiritual development to be doing something doubtful which may actually be haraam.

On the other hand, overmedication is also dagerous. Sometimes setting up new normsand limitations to avoid these "doubts" will handicap you.

I think there is a saying about how the devil will first try to to sway you by trying to keep you away from practicing. Then if that fails, he will try the opposite, and try to push you in too deep. The idea is that if you cut off too any allowed things because suddenly you consider them doubtful, you drown. Metaphorically.

People often forget the dangers of the latter.

When the Muslims of Spain decided that they needed to be more pious, within a century there were not many left and those that were there were hidden.

When the people of the Mainstream Muslim world decided that they needed to reform and become more religious, for 300 years there was a weak shadow caliphate which was replaced when the Ottomans took over.

When people decided that the ottomans needed to become more religious, we know what happened there.

The idea is about balance - you ban alcohol, but not grapes.

The markets of Madinah at the time of the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) were not segregated. The streets were not segregated. The mosque even was not segregated - a separate entrance for women was only added when the other entrance became too busy.

Two thirds of Islam was taught by the mother of the believers Hadhrat Aisha Siddeeqa (ra).

So balance is important and the question needs to be asked what does Islam actually require.

Physical friendship is a different issue as that also involves pheromones and other contact and from there going into a physical relationship is easier - but even then the classical scholars said that it was wrong for men and women to be alone together IF there was mutual attraction.

But even then, attraction in itself is not necessarily wrong - there are halaal ways to satisfy that by either resisting or getting married. These are not only merely allowed, but the latter an important and emphasised sunnah. But this is more about meetings in the real world than Tribune.

The general rule is one of hayaah. If people remain and act modest, that is all that Islam requires.

If you look at all the evidences of what is forbidden, it is not general communication which can be needed.

It is easy to fall into extremism when going into such matters - like the stories of the multiple women in saudi who have a culture where even their immediate family icluding their children and husbands are not allowed to see their faces. (There are cases where they had filed for divorce after a decade or three of marriage when the husband got curious enough to try and see their face while they were asleep...)

Balance. Medianness.

Anyway, for those that think its wrong should stick to their convictions. Convictions can be important things.

Seriously? Dude? I can't believe we're having this conversation again...

If you don't like it, it isn't made mandatory for you to use it! BUT tribby not only has a purpose but it's one factor that differentiates revival from other shitty forums! It's a Professional place to have an intellectual banter, what in the world is wrong with THAT?

It's just that people use it "wrong" and I have to say I'm guilty too but at the end of the day I'm human and sometimes I let my attitude get the best of me.

Plus if you think it's a waste of time, then I suggest you go away and sort out your discipline.

I'm getting tired of this contention being happy slapped without much positive thought! If you think it isn't being used properly then address THAT and work on THAT not the application!

Do we understand now? :roll:

Muslimeen wrote:
Ocean* wrote:
Seriously? Dude? I can't believe we're having this conversation again...

If you don't like it, it isn't made mandatory for you to use it! BUT tribby not only has a purpose but it's one factor that differentiates revival from other shitty forums! It's a Professional place to have an intellectual banter, what in the world is wrong with THAT?

It's just that people use it "wrong" and I have to say I'm guilty too but at the end of the day I'm human and sometimes I let my attitude get the best of me.

Plus if you think it's a waste of time, then I suggest you go away and sort out your discipline.

I'm getting tired of this contention being happy slapped without much positive thought! If you think it isn't being used properly then address THAT and work on THAT not the application!

Do we understand now? :roll:

Hmm, Tribune, Intellectual?? really??

I see nothing but small talk, one heck of an intellect you would need for that.

+1
LMAO!

"That's the thing about pain. It demands to be felt" - Augustus Waters

Pages