Is Britain to blame for many of the world's problems?

David Cameron has suggested that Britain and the legacy of its empire was responsible for many of the world's historic problems. But is that view fair?

I dont undetstand this toff

one min he goes on about extremism and now multiculturalism has failed, then the nexty he's apologising for the British empire

first of all
the imperialists from centuries ago should apologise- and they are dead!

also
it's not just the British, it's europe as whole, the empires from Europe as whole, nto just Britain are to blame somewhat
BUT
when they left, the countries should hav taken responsibility
and they havent
its all well n done blaming the British, but they cant be blamed for everything

1R4M wrote:

BUT
and they havent

dude? do you think they just "left" like that?! happily, "here you go, my country goes smaller and you get your own land but we're all happy dandy!"

no..sorry..it didnt happen like that

when colonies pull out, they pull the freaking rug from under you. take away all they can so the country will be sorry for asking for independance.

"you wanted independance...there.you.go :twisted: " << thats closer to the real thing.

and can you remind me of Britain's winning strategy? what was it again..oh yeah "divide and rule" and when you stop ruling what's left? yep, you guessed it "divide". now how's a country suppose to do anything when its all divided and everyone is hating each other etc... WHO ON EARTH would be able to reunite these lots?

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Not who but what. Insha allah Islam will reunite!

Lets reunite the ummah under one flag LA ILAHA IL ALLAH MUHAMMADUR RASULULLAH

Foysol89 wrote:
Not who but what.
huh?

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Islam is always united. Its the people who have differences in interpretations and aims and objectives etc - many legitimately so, because Islam allows it.

Difference of interpretation and difference of opinion is not the be all and the end all - what you do with those differences is what matters.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
Foysol89 wrote:
Not who but what.
huh?

Not a question of WHO can reunite but WHAT can reunite these people.

Got it Wink

Lets reunite the ummah under one flag LA ILAHA IL ALLAH MUHAMMADUR RASULULLAH

Lilly wrote:
1R4M wrote:

BUT
and they havent

dude? do you think they just "left" like that?! happily, "here you go, my country goes smaller and you get your own land but we're all happy dandy!"

no..sorry..it didnt happen like that

when colonies pull out, they pull the freaking rug from under you. take away all they can so the country will be sorry for asking for independance.

"you wanted independance...there.you.go :twisted: " << thats closer to the real thing.

and can you remind me of Britain's winning strategy? what was it again..oh yeah "divide and rule" and when you stop ruling what's left? yep, you guessed it "divide". now how's a country suppose to do anything when its all divided and everyone is hating each other etc... WHO ON EARTH would be able to reunite these lots?

Ur right
but
we have our own problems
its all good blamin Britain for divide n rule strategy
but we hate each other anyway
take the indian sub continent
Pakistanis hate indians and hate bengalis n vice versa
not just politically
but personally too
we get insultd when someone thinks we're indian and not pakistan
why
in effect we're all part of the same race really
u cant just blame Britain for the fact that we hate each other because really thats always been there, but the british exploited it

and ur right that colonialism never really left
but thats the fault of the leaders that are puppets of the west

I dont like this blame culture because then that means WE dont responsibility for our own actions then

you're right. but i think its all up to individuals. change your principles by yourself. do your own thing, if everyone does it, then we'll get somewhere.

i dont look at "my country". i look at my community, my friends, my surrounding acquaintances. linking myself to a country is too big, i can't carry the responsibility of a country. im stiking to my lil community.

i was just arguing the other side of the coin. but i really dont care abt who'se to blame for something thats gone. i dont care.

Sometimes it will take generations to wipe out the mistakes/sins/actions of the past. Its just the way it is.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

They raided muslim lands killing & raping children, now we are invading their lands, thousands of muslim brothers pouring over the borders daily, inshallah 10 20 years the UK will be an Islamic state & the kuffars women will be the brothers war booty!

ModerateMuslimsBurnInHellFire wrote:
They raided muslim lands killing & raping children, now we are invading their lands, thousands of muslim brothers pouring over the borders daily, inshallah 10 20 years the UK will be an Islamic state & the kuffars women will be the brothers war booty!

im feeling a sense of deja vu....

"Verily, in the remembrance of Allah, do hearts find rest"

ModerateMuslimsBurnInHellFire wrote:

wouah! more than one line!

You wrote:
David Cameron has suggested that Britain and the legacy of its empire was responsible for many of the world's historic problems. But is that view fair?

the anti-christ followers are to be blamed but 1stly it is the devil himself who started it all..... yes i say it britain is to be blamed coz the anti-christ followers there heaven is on earth!