GREAT MANCHESTER RUN

The Great Manchester Run takes place every year where the general public take part to raise money for charity.

THIS YEAR I WILL BE TAKING PART INSHALLAH TO RAISE MONEY FOR THE PAKISTAN FLOOD VICTIMS:-)

So any advice, tips for the run would be great. As its a 10km run and I usually only run after the bus lol so its gonna be a challenge for me

And of course feel free to sponosr me!

Anyone else taking part?

Biggrin

remember to remain constant, not too fast or to slow. And do some exercise regularly starting from now! Otherwise you might kill yourself lol

how do we sponsor?

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

The shias cut themselves at a certain time of the year.

you plan to go on a run.

I cannot approve of either type of bodily torture.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Nice one Ed!

• It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

I've started my training...
walked for about an hour for a week or so and have just started jogging.... its hard at the mo!
I can run about 5 mins before having to walk and take a breather... so a long way to go yet Biggrin

TheRevivalEditor wrote:
I've started my training...
walked for about an hour for a week or so and have just started jogging.... its hard at the mo!
I can run about 5 mins before having to walk and take a breather... so a long way to go yet Biggrin

not a long way!! thats halfway!! thats so good mashaAllah. Where's Dawud when you need him?

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Salaam

Yeah, I'm doing it too.

@Ed you need progression. I jumped from 2 miles to 4 miles which was OK. Then I jumped from 4 miles to 6 miles and I'm still paying for it 3 days later!

6miles is about 9.6km - so I'm getting my fitness there. Just need to get competative.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

Oh wow Ed!

When's the run?!

Dawud wrote:
Salaam

Yeah, I'm doing it too.

@Ed you need progression. I jumped from 2 miles to 4 miles which was OK. Then I jumped from 4 miles to 6 miles and I'm still paying for it 3 days later!

6miles is about 9.6km - so I'm getting my fitness there. Just need to get competative.

so how are you training/preparing for it?

1R4M wrote:
Oh wow Ed!

When's the run?!

15th may
why dont u take part:-)

TheRevivalEditor wrote:
1R4M wrote:
Oh wow Ed!

When's the run?!

15th may
why dont u take part:-)

I get out of breath running for the bus!

sisters running is haraam, bouncing chests excite brothers!

I am quite sure running is mentioned in hadith as a sunnah activity, even for sisters/mothers.

Why are you anti hadith?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

TheRevivalEditor wrote:
Dawud wrote:
Salaam

Yeah, I'm doing it too.

so how are you training/preparing for it?

By running. I thought I said that?

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

Im on 30 minutes now on the tread mill....
I aim to increase it by 5/10 mins every 2 days I go to the gym.....
so inshallah in shape and ready for the race....

inshaAllah, all prepared.
i nearly chocked at moderatemuslimblahblahblah...

I got a Basketball tournament this sunday, in bushey. (or what is wushy) Hertforshire. Cant wait!!!

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

I wont be taking part now due to personal circumstances...next year inshallah.