Gandhi

An interesting figure, no?

I find two things peculiar about him:

1. He was a part of the caliphate movement.
2. While he was part of a non violence movement, he considered violence against a side with over whelming force to also be non-violence.

You wrote:

Ghandi

An interesting figure, no?

If you watched the 1982 film about his life, you would spell his name correctly.

Its not Ghandi.
Its Gandhi.

Mohandas K. Gandhi.

See the film.

One man even called him Gindi, or, Gan-die. Idiot.

So please, at least get his name correct.

And show a little respect for the old fool.

To answer your question, yes Gandhi was an interesting clown.

Fixed.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Yes, he is amazing. Don't you wish you were him too?

not really, no.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Why not?

(I wonder if the reply will be related to -having motivation, lots of work, getting out of bed...etc etc)

1. I know little about him
2. Why would I want to be someone else?

Surely that is madness.

3. He lived in a time before the interwebs.

You wrote:

2. Why would I want to be someone else?

Surely that is madness.

Good point.

You wrote:

3. He lived in a time before the interwebs.

Fool Damn! I forgot to add that to my list! How could I?

What d'you mean the caliphate movement?

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

The . As in to team up with (become part of?) the ottoman empire in order to overthrow the british and to try and exert pressure after WW1 - where the Ottomans had been decimated - to try and protect it.

You wrote:
The . As in to team up with (become part of?) the ottoman empire in order to overthrow the british and to try and exert pressure after WW1 - where the Ottomans had been decimated - to try and protect it.

Oh right. Does everyone know that?

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

No idea. I have not really paid much attention to him except knowing that he is well liked by most people.

On the other hand, I may have misunderstood his position on the matters.

i did my history coursework on him lol. Smile

n/a

Your own soul is nourished when you are kind; it is destroyed when you are cruel.