Do Not Turn Your Stomachs Into Graveyards

85 posts / 0 new
Last post

"Don Karnage" wrote:

Always been curious about this - somewhere a while back somebody mentioned Asians have some thing for pumpkin... what's up with that?

I thought it didn't really grow outside the US and I didn't know you could like... eat... it

[color=magenta]pumpkins grow here in my back garden in london, you there are red sort you use for halloween those are the really sweet ones n theres there other ones water pumpkin (translated into english) which are the green ones thoses are the ones that grow in my garden mum grow loads last summer its so nice the way they hang, n they have really nice flowers with it .

i think i knw wat lota is in english, thanks to admins veg guide its [b]Asparagus[/b][/color]

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

I don’t think it’s a matter of snobbery or whether or not one can afford it these days…esp not for those living in the West.

Vegetables aren’t exactly cheap…a jacket potatoe with beans and a side order of limp salad cost up to £4.90 here…

For most people, especially my dad he hates all vegetables/pulses and lives on a daily diet of meat.

Many kids do not eat their greens.

I’m fond of meat/chicken, but at the same time I love all vegetables, even bitter kerala’s (dunno what you call that in English)…I can’t stand cauliflower though.

Never tried pumpkin though...BTW is gangla "kadoo" in Urdu?

Oh... so there are different flavors of pumpkin? I didn't know that...

I still dunno about eating them, seems a bit strange outside of pumpkin pie or something.

"Exquisite" wrote:
any1 heard of mr nagar taste great with meat

My mum got that from Bangladesh when we went there last year.
I once gave that to my 2 year old nephew and made him cry :oops:

"Don Karnage" wrote:
I still dunno about eating them, seems a bit strange outside of pumpkin pie or something

Is it supposed to be reserved for halloweens then....waste of money that is.

Kadoo was a favourite vegetable of Nabi salallahu alayhi wa sallam. Dont knw what it's called in english.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"MuslimSister" wrote:
I love all vegetables, even bitter kerala’s (dunno what you call that in English)…

[color=magenta]
so u guys call it kerala too, llz i hate kerala i thot it was sweet so put a whole load in my mouth then spat it back out cuz it was so bitter.[/color]

"Don Karnage" wrote:
Oh... so there are different flavors of pumpkin? I didn't know that...

I still dunno about eating them, seems a bit strange outside of pumpkin pie or something.

[color=magenta]
nah seriously it tastes really good wiv mums cooking, n she even sometimes puts prawns in thm n they taste delicious, if you had the bengali style wiv rice youd love it, trust me.[/color]

"Muslim Bro" wrote:
My mum got that from Bangladesh when we went there last year.
I once gave that to my 2 year old nephew and made him cry

[color=magenta]OMG did you want to kill him,i still gt stomach ache when i have it n u gave it to a lil two year old you can get round here now, :shock: [/color]

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

"Exquisite" wrote:
[color=magenta]OMG did you want to kill him,i still gt stomach ache when i have it n u gave it to a lil two year old you can get round here now, :shock: [/color]

He likes to eat everything so I thought he would be a very good guniea pig to try it on....I'm only joking.

He insisted on trying it....anyway it was only a teeny weeny bit.

I've seen it in the shops and they're quite expensive compared to the prices you can get it from back home.

We've got a garden where we grow everything. Tomatos, potatos, coriander, these big green thing....I think its kadoo.

I generally need more than 8 hours for some reason.

But I cannot work when there are others awake. SO for years I have had the habit of not doing anything until everyone else is asleep.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
But I cannot work when there are others awake.

You're not that shy are you....

"Admin" wrote:
SO for years I have had the habit of not doing anything until everyone else is asleep.

You vampire.

You're better of doing night shifts then (being a security guard or something like that)

I must agree with you that it is nice to do something when everyone is asleep. The peace and quiet....and the snoring of other people....

Its not about being shy.

I have a very short attention span.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

It must have been very hard for you back in the days when you were studying.

Is that why you keep logging off and on....because you have a short attention span? (not being rude or anything)

I generally did not need to study.

I can remember at GCSE time responding to the question about how do I revise with 'What is revision?'.

First time I tried to revise, I woke up the next morning with my head on the book!

at A levels some colleagues commented on me not actually revising, but just looking at the pictures in the books. Something I was not aware I was doing.

Hard work is really neede at the end of a Uni course. The rest its possible to float through. But at the end at Uni, it does not matter how clever you are, but how smart you have worked. I did not work smart for 1 month at uni. The final one.

That's exactly what I used to do when I was at school...stick a book to my face and just read it.

And the looking at pictures fingy. I also do that now (looks like we have some things in common lol).

I've got 4 books for different subjects and all of them have pictures in them and I don't know why but it makes reading the book so much interesting.

I'm just dreading uni, I'm generally good at exams but I'm usually bad at courseworks and assignments. I think that's what you get in your final year at uni.

"Muslim Bro" wrote:
I'm just dreading uni, I'm generally good at exams but I'm usually bad at courseworks and assignments. I think that's what you get in your final year at uni.

lol, That was me.

The worst thing was that It would take me longer to 'copy', than to do the stuff myself! (I had to understand what the other person did. And if they took a diferent path than I would take, or made a mistake, that would complicate stuff.)

What course did you do at uni?

Do you know if criminology is any good?

I did Chemical Engineering.

No idea if criminology is good or not. Probably is if you can get a job in it.

Best course to go for atm is probably dentistry, if you can get in for it.

Chemical engineering sounds quite complex....any job related you're doing?

I hate going to the dentist and you're telling me to do dentistry.

I've got so many bad memories of going to the dentist. I feel like crying now Cray 2

No got a job in... wait for it.... telesales! Badum Tish!

It was a good course, but it feels like you need to know people to get anywhere, and I have long given up. I cannot remember much about the course, so I have stopped applying for jobs in the field altogether for quite some time now.

But just think: Instead of recieving the pain, you will be the evil dentist dishing it out.

And you'll be raking the money in. Nowhere near enough dentists in the UK.

Hahaha what you doing in telesales....similar stories I have heard about people with degrees working in mcdonalds.

You're not these rude people who work in call centres....are you?

I don't mind seeing people in pain but I don't want to be the person inflicting the pain out :twisted:

Med i thght khudu was an asian type of pumpkin. you generally don't get them in english grocery stores they're always in asian ones.

yeah pumpkins grow amazing in the back yard. Not the orange halloween ones.i prefer the ones that are pale green on the outside but vibrant orange on the inside, they're much sweeter than the halloween ones.

Dave you haaave to try chicken curry with sweet pumpkin, it's delicious! just gota find a bengali to make you it

Swedes taste like turnip don't they? They even look like a bigger variety of turnip.

anyone like muki also known as arbi? when i was little i used to love it so much with chicken brother used to call me muki looool. i think pakistanis might know what it is, kinder like potatoe but more sticky:

see here:

[color=magenta]finally someone who agrees that pumpkin is edible n is actually tastes nice, i guess its a bengali thng, really ppl try it out, go find a bengali person n theyll cook u nice pumpkin curry, the green ones grow nice mum n dad started planting last year we got like 5 massive ones mashaAllah hope to have more this year inshaAllah[/color]

"yashmaki" wrote:
Med i thght khudu was an asian type of pumpkin. you generally don't get them in english grocery stores they're always in asian ones.
kaddu doesn't look anything like pumpkin, i only know its urdu and arabic name, dunno wot its called in english, lol. but i heard that it was the Prophet (s.a.w)'s favourite vegetable?

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"yashmaki" wrote:
anyone like muki also known as arbi? when i was little i used to love it so much with chicken brother used to call me muki looool. i think pakistanis might know what it is, kinder like potatoe but more sticky:

I know what you mean....that's my second favourite thing after potato.

That picture looks nothing like the muki I eat, it's too shiny and burnt.

it doesn't look like mukee? That's coz when you see it in the pot it's peeled, washed and cut in halves Lol :roll:

I'm sure kudo is like a marrow, looks like it. They're pale green in colour with white flesh and seeds. Sometimes they have darker green lines on them and look like really fat courgettes. Marrows are part of the squash family i/e butternut squash, pumpkins etc .

Kudo is prob a south asian version of a marrow. Need to ask someone who knows about plants and veg.

I've seen muki before it's been cooked you know....I've been to the kitchen while my mum is cooking to learn some tips [size=7](for the future)[/size]

The picture actually looks like the hot wings they sell in pfc's lol

[color=magenta]ha ha muki i love muki as well so nice n soft unlike potatoes, i love it whn cooked with FISH more specifically elisha fish, typical bengali i knw,[/color]

I also like elisha fish....I get my mum or sis to pick the bones out before I start eating lol.

Does anyone like eating moola (similar to potato but different taste) ....eww and it smells of fart when it's been cooked....I think

[color=magenta]yeah i like moola, have fond memories of it used to call this woman moola woman when i was younger, but it dont smell of fart thought wat hav u been adding to it, n thats nasty if u, boys are lazy ur like my brothers like lil sis do this make me tea plz n of course nice old me will do it but they never ask older sis always the young ones[/color]

I haven't been adding nothing to it. If it doesn't smell of fart after it's been cooked then it's definately before it's been cooked.

Well my sis and mum don't mind doing 'chores' for me so I'll live like that until I'm 30yrs. old lol

Also I never say please but my sis and mum still do it for me but I don't pick on my younger sis to do it....I'll wait until she turns 12 :twisted:

I am strictly veggie and it is easy except that not many restaurants and cafes respect vegetarian cooking very much, and their finely crafted alternatives are either not as tasty and nutritional as what you might make for yourself, or they are not prepared in a meat-free environment. It is annoying to be expected to enjoy whatever is available as much as meat-eaters in a restaurant will enjoy what has been made for them with love. Nevertheless there are good places in London, and around Wembley especially there is a lot of veggie Indian food, and of course kosher places that serve dairy do not serve any meat although there is often fish on the menu. There is a dire shortage of veggie restaurants in Manchester, not more than six in the whole city I would guess, only one or two of which are worthwhile. Abroad it can be damn near impossible, although I was impressed with all the falafel stops in Amsterdam. Falafels are surely the way forward.

[size=10]I feel I'm gonna move on back down south
you know where the water tastes like cherry wine[/size]

Pages