World 'ignores' Niger food crisis

[b]
World 'ignores' Niger food crisis [/b]

The food crisis has been predicted for almost a year

The United Nations top aid official has accused the international community of neglecting the food crisis in Niger.
Some 150,000 children will die soon without aid, out of 2.5m who need food, said Jan Egeland.

this is extremely sad and serious.....i saw the report on BBC News, it was disturbing....they are Muslims aswell, kids dieing everyday because they have no food, this should not be happening in this day and age!!!!
i think we need to donate money asap...anybody know of charities who are working there?

wasalaam

your right we should be doing all that we can to help our brothers n sisters...their desperate state is a sign of our lack of brother/sisterhood in Islam...we should all be united as one ummah...the least we can do is donate money...id like to know of any good charities to?

Salaam

I don't understand why the problem was allowed to get so severe before it was brought to our attention.

It must have taken Niger an extremly long time to get into such a terrible situation.

I don't know of any Muslim organisations/any organisation that has started collecting....

Wasalaam

so wot r muslim countries doing to help?

have da filthy rich saudis done anything?

POWER TO THE PEOPLE

"St George" wrote:
so wot r muslim countries doing to help?

have da filthy rich saudis done anything?

nothing i think

i aint heard of one muslim charity yet that are collecting for Niger

[url= charities appeal for Niger aid[/size][/url]

UK aid [url= and celebrities have launched a television and radio appeal to raise millions of pounds for those [url= starvation[/url] in [url=.